Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63396 Topics
443246 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#4102 - 08/30/03 02:33 PM Re: Another survivor fear of mine
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
The other day I was talking to my class adviser and the director of the school. We were talking about my desire to come back and be what they call a "shadow" for another class. Basically I am not an instructor nor a student but an ex-student that is taking the course just for personal growth and enrichment. Of course it is the first step to coming to the school and teaching in the future. I think you have to be out for 3 years before you can teach again.

However, the director who I don't have a lot of contact with looked at me and said "you would make a good teacher". It about blew me off my feet.

Ok, so what does the future hold... I have no clue. I never thought I would be doing what I am doing right now and well teaching, it seems like a foreign word to me.. of course my life always changes... so who knows.. but I've learned to stay open to things in life.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#4103 - 08/31/03 01:45 AM Re: Another survivor fear of mine
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
I just wished to say, I think it is very brave to go into something that will challenge you so much. To always meet new people, and to have your hands on someone elses body, and their hands on you, that would totally terrify me. I feel scared of meeting new people also. I can do sport, compete in front of some hundreds of people, but to meet a new person one at one, scare me so much. So I just wanted to wish you well, and good luck on your new job.

Leosha

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#4104 - 08/31/03 08:07 PM Re: Another survivor fear of mine
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Don you would make a hell of a teacher. Look at what you do here for gods sake. Go get it my brother.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#4105 - 08/31/03 09:53 PM Re: Another survivor fear of mine
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Don,

I know it probably does not feel like it, but judging by your track record, you are making it look all too easy. You are rightfully reaping the fruits of your labor. Now it's time for you to start believing that you are a teacher since so many other people already do--and a darn good one at that.

Thanks for showing how it's done Don. You are a blessing to us here, that's for sure. Why not for the rest of the world as well?

Keep on keeping on,
Ron

#4106 - 09/01/03 12:32 AM Re: Another survivor fear of mine
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Thank you all for your kind words. Now I've got to start believing it! Yes it is a challenge but is helping me to grow so much. And it is definitely not easy either (although it may look that way). There have been a tremendous amount of growing pains to get this far.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.