Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
4 registered (JW1230, HaiRazor, 2 invisible), 29 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63783 Topics
445417 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#410445 - 09/17/12 08:23 PM Boys Adrift
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Boys Adrift

http://www.boysadrift.com/

Is this what's happening?

Puffer

#410463 - 09/17/12 11:28 PM Re: Boys Adrift [Re: pufferfish]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
i looked at the link and it seems to me - without reading the book - but from scanning what the reviews say - that he has it right. as a teacher if hi schoolers and parent of 3 young adults - i notice a huge difference in the motivation, goals, and attitudes of kids today and when i was their age. i know i sound like an old fart - talking about the "good old days" - but it is unusual today to find teens who have a sense of what they want to do in life. many are content to just plug into the electronic drugs and settle for instant gratification. it looks like a good diagnosis of the problem - i wonder what his solution is?

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.