Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
7 registered (irishguym, Obi, GummyBear, sorryson, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63992 Topics
446670 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#410402 - 09/17/12 04:13 PM * [Re: Lancer]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 12:11 PM)

#411549 - 09/27/12 02:14 PM Re: Boy Scout Files **Triggers** (LA Times) [Re: cant_remember]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
More news on this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve-sieb...;comm_ref=false

That is a "joke" frown . Even when I was in the Scouts, both troops in the community were rife with sexual activity. I was one of the younger scouts. The other troop was headed by a predatory pedophile.

I was in Virginia. Here is a quote from this article.
Quote:

That same year, the director of a Boy Scout camp in Virginia wrote to the Scouts' top lawyer, asking for help dealing with a veteran employee suspected of a "lifelong pattern" of abuse that had not been reported to police.

I don't know who that was but it could well describe the person who abused me: Lifelong pattern

How many lives have to be destroyed before it's taken seriously that there really is a problem?

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (09/27/12 02:30 PM)

#412054 - 10/03/12 01:56 AM Re: Boy Scout Files **Triggers** (LA Times) [Re: Lancer]
Undefeated Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
I want to know if the name of my perp is in these files. I was shocked to read that some of the perps names were removed when they reached 75 years of age. Grrrrrrr! My perp is roughly 80 now. mad

#412094 - 10/03/12 03:48 PM Re: Boy Scout Files **Triggers** (LA Times) [Re: Undefeated]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
My perp would also be over 80. However he died of congestive heart failure last December. I still want to know what else he did and to whom, etc. I also want to verify that he's the one I've been thinking it was.

Puffer

#412107 - 10/03/12 06:27 PM Re: Boy Scout Files **Triggers** (LA Times) [Re: Lancer]
Undefeated Offline

Puffer,

I suppose all of us would like to know if there were other victims and how many. In my case, I never knew of any other victims of my perp, but as we always hear, there is never just one. My perp had 5 children (3 boys and 2 girls). I always wondered if he sexually abused them too. When I got too old for my perp's attraction, I suppose he must have moved on to another boy. I don't know, but maybe there were others at the same time as he was abusing me too.

Since Colorado's lousy statute of limitations has screwed me, and I can't get any help, I am really tempted to name my perp here on the forum. I suppose he or his family could sue me, but as they say, "You can't get blood out of a turnip."

Alan

#412162 - 10/04/12 09:33 AM Re: Boy Scout Files **Triggers** (LA Times) [Re: Lancer]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
There is often a convenient lack of records that might shed light on CSA episodes--convenient for those who were responsible at the time for preventing and punishing CSA. In my case, I conclude that, half a century ago, nobody gave a damn... much like now.

John

#412164 - 10/04/12 10:28 AM Re: Boy Scout Files **Triggers** (LA Times) [Re: Lancer]
Undefeated Offline

John,

True what you say about no one caring. That further opens the wound of feeling we have no self-worth. I am finding that the damage done from the abuse is most severe now that I am in my early 50's. I was able to suppress it more during my youth. frown I can't suppress it now, because the difficulty of being older and the poor economy affect my hire-ability now too, plus there is kind of a "build-up" factor, I'd call it.

Alan

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.