Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441810 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#410348 - 09/17/12 03:02 AM say something good about yourself!
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
OK – I’m going to try and re-define myself here – on my own terms - as Garydosh urged in another thread - thanks, pal!

I am a considerate, conscientious, and faithful husband (with several serious flaws! – that I am working diligently on.)
I am loving and kind as a father.
I am a fair artist and designer – though I’ve never been super successful at it.
I am a good actor, an even better playwright, and an awesome director – just ask my students and wife!
I am a passionate, dedicated and gifted teacher.
I am perceptive and intuitive in identifying troubled, hurting kids and getting them help.
I am a good writer.
I am an empathetic fellow-survivor who tries really hard to give back to MS by sharing whatever I can.
AND - I am really embarrassed about saying all of this is so many words!!! (i actually had to go back and revise it twice to edit out all the weasle words that downplayed and diminished the positive adjectives.)

What can YOU say about yourself that is POSITIVE - to take back your identity from the abusers?

Lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#410422 - 09/17/12 05:30 PM Re: say something good about yourself! [Re: traveler]
kcinohio Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Hi traveler,

Great list you have.

I am a conscientious worker.
I am a decent writer.
I love and am lovable.

#410444 - 09/17/12 08:11 PM Re: say something good about yourself! [Re: traveler]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
I was the best father many people ever met.

I AM the best father I know.

I WAS truly a good husband.

I would want me as a friend.

Still's Globs

New Video

#410526 - 09/18/12 12:44 PM Re: say something good about yourself! [Re: traveler]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
This is embarrassing. I don't know what to say about myself here. I wasn't a very good husband. My relationship with my kids is tenuous. I have no friends. Really I've been a selfish prick all my life. How about:

1) I've been sober for 15 years
2) I've held the same job for two years (a record for me)
3) I'm not broke (also a record)
4) I'm really working hard in therapy to make progress
5) I'm optimistic for the first time that I might actually have a life
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#410528 - 09/18/12 12:51 PM Re: say something good about yourself! [Re: traveler]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
I am a born again Christian. I am nothing without Him. Anything good in me is because of Him.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#410640 - 09/19/12 03:08 PM Re: say something good about yourself! [Re: traveler]
jay75 Offline

I am giving.
I am a good father
I am a good husband
I am a good provider
And because of these things I am worth the effort that needs to be made to recover and be made whole.

Nice thread Travler

-Jay-

#410641 - 09/19/12 03:19 PM * [Re: traveler]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 12:12 PM)

#410680 - 09/19/12 11:06 PM Re: say something good about yourself! [Re: traveler]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
Good job, guys! here are osme highlights - not necessarily the most important - but ones that i wanted to respond to:

KC: "I love and am lovable." that is HUGE - to be able to say that! lots of guys have a problem getting there.

Rob: "I AM the best father I know." - an amazing accomplishment!
"I would want me as a friend." - I would want you as a friend, too.

Garydosh - "I've been sober for 15 years" - that is an amazing victory, man. and so are your other affirmations. i wish you'd delete your more negative stuff at the beginning of your post. this was your idea - remember? thanks again!

Country - "Anything good in me is because of Him." credit where credit is due. hope you are recognizing some of the specific good things He is doing in and through you - with YOUR cooperation.

Jay - "... I am worth the effort that needs to be made to recover and be made whole." YES! hold on to that - and see what you can do to spread it around.

80s Gary - "I want to help others" And you are!!! your whole list - including your last paragraph - proves this. i think i speak for everyone her to acknowledge that.

more, please!
Lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.