Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (peroperic2009, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63229 Topics
442154 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#410402 - 09/17/12 04:13 PM * [Re: Lancer]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 12:11 PM)

#411549 - 09/27/12 02:14 PM Re: Boy Scout Files **Triggers** (LA Times) [Re: cant_remember]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
More news on this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve-sieb...;comm_ref=false

That is a "joke" frown . Even when I was in the Scouts, both troops in the community were rife with sexual activity. I was one of the younger scouts. The other troop was headed by a predatory pedophile.

I was in Virginia. Here is a quote from this article.
Quote:

That same year, the director of a Boy Scout camp in Virginia wrote to the Scouts' top lawyer, asking for help dealing with a veteran employee suspected of a "lifelong pattern" of abuse that had not been reported to police.

I don't know who that was but it could well describe the person who abused me: Lifelong pattern

How many lives have to be destroyed before it's taken seriously that there really is a problem?

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (09/27/12 02:30 PM)

#412054 - 10/03/12 01:56 AM Re: Boy Scout Files **Triggers** (LA Times) [Re: Lancer]
Undefeated Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
I want to know if the name of my perp is in these files. I was shocked to read that some of the perps names were removed when they reached 75 years of age. Grrrrrrr! My perp is roughly 80 now. mad

#412094 - 10/03/12 03:48 PM Re: Boy Scout Files **Triggers** (LA Times) [Re: Undefeated]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
My perp would also be over 80. However he died of congestive heart failure last December. I still want to know what else he did and to whom, etc. I also want to verify that he's the one I've been thinking it was.

Puffer

#412107 - 10/03/12 06:27 PM Re: Boy Scout Files **Triggers** (LA Times) [Re: Lancer]
Undefeated Offline

Puffer,

I suppose all of us would like to know if there were other victims and how many. In my case, I never knew of any other victims of my perp, but as we always hear, there is never just one. My perp had 5 children (3 boys and 2 girls). I always wondered if he sexually abused them too. When I got too old for my perp's attraction, I suppose he must have moved on to another boy. I don't know, but maybe there were others at the same time as he was abusing me too.

Since Colorado's lousy statute of limitations has screwed me, and I can't get any help, I am really tempted to name my perp here on the forum. I suppose he or his family could sue me, but as they say, "You can't get blood out of a turnip."

Alan

#412162 - 10/04/12 09:33 AM Re: Boy Scout Files **Triggers** (LA Times) [Re: Lancer]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
There is often a convenient lack of records that might shed light on CSA episodes--convenient for those who were responsible at the time for preventing and punishing CSA. In my case, I conclude that, half a century ago, nobody gave a damn... much like now.

John

#412164 - 10/04/12 10:28 AM Re: Boy Scout Files **Triggers** (LA Times) [Re: Lancer]
Undefeated Offline

John,

True what you say about no one caring. That further opens the wound of feeling we have no self-worth. I am finding that the damage done from the abuse is most severe now that I am in my early 50's. I was able to suppress it more during my youth. frown I can't suppress it now, because the difficulty of being older and the poor economy affect my hire-ability now too, plus there is kind of a "build-up" factor, I'd call it.

Alan

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.