Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 14 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63111 Topics
441338 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#408957 - 09/04/12 07:44 PM Re: The Give Back Thread [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: Smalltown80sBoy

But you are your own unique brand of crazy. wink

They say that. They actually do say that.

They also say: "embrace and celebrate your uniqueness...except for YOU Rob."

Still's Globs

New Video

#409054 - 09/05/12 12:06 PM Re: The Give Back Thread [Re: Obi]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
just wanted to say thanks to those that have posted, and pm'd, me their support over the past couple of days...

been triggered over certain topics, have shared some really embarrassing and traumatizing events in my life... i've pretty much exposed some deep issues to everyone here... yes, i'm feeling extremely vulnerable and shredded....

but there have been a few of you that have supported me through this and for that i'm eternally grateful... thanks...

my story

my vlog

#409102 - 09/05/12 04:42 PM Re: The Give Back Thread [Re: Obi]
Robert1000 Offline

Thanks for posting this excellent thread. I'm still getting into this site and then getting back out. I admit I deal with a lot of fear and defensiveness (not defensive like I'm self-conscious, but like I'm nervous to open up). I'm worried that there are cliques here, for instance, that I'm not a part of. I know it's dumb, but I never feel like a legitimate part of anything, even a forum for male survivors!

But... I have found excellent voices here that help me sort through the crap and pain and good stuff and whatever in my life. It's a long road. I'm nowhere near done with any of this. But this site has allowed me to share my thoughts and feelings with other guys who have this darkness in common with me, but who aren't defined by or limited by our histories.

So thank you all. There are some who responded quickly with kind notes when I opened up about needing a few kind words. I appreciate that. And overall, I just appreciate all the humanity and thought and feeling and caring that I see.

Thank you.

Bob

#409103 - 09/05/12 04:44 PM Re: The Give Back Thread [Re: Obi]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Hey Bob!

I've never felt like I fit in any clique either! I think many of us have the same feeling!

Join the club!

:-P

D

Loving Kindness Meditation will dramatically improve your spirits; give it a try for just 3 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz7cpV7ERsM

#409105 - 09/05/12 04:51 PM Re: The Give Back Thread [Re: Obi]
Robert1000 Offline

Thanks, Magellan. You've been a friend here. And I love the progress you're making.

#409119 - 09/05/12 07:30 PM Re: The Give Back Thread [Re: Obi]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
(((((((Bob))))))) - welcome to the clique. it's pretty exclusive. there's only about 10,000 of us. sorry you qualify for membership.

lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#409120 - 09/05/12 07:31 PM Re: The Give Back Thread [Re: Obi]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
We don't belong, together!

laugh

Loving Kindness Meditation will dramatically improve your spirits; give it a try for just 3 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz7cpV7ERsM

#409468 - 09/08/12 02:27 AM Re: The Give Back Thread [Re: Obi]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
i know i made a list - and i have it somewhere... now where did i put it?

i don't want this thread to get lost either - like my list -

so i'll bump it up today with thanks to another couple of guys -

phoenix
&
Anomalous

for bringing solid information, book & article referrals and objective resources, scientific studies and research results - to the table for everyone's consideration and use. your contributions are valued.

lee

Edited by traveler (09/08/12 02:28 AM)
Edit Reason: typos
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#409508 - 09/08/12 01:05 PM Re: The Give Back Thread [Re: Obi]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
thanks to all the users on here, both male and female, that have both posted, and sent me pm's, for their support with regards to the issue(s) i've been dealing with the last few days... it's greatly appreciated...

thanks to paul for the talk yesterday on skype. seeing you in the hospital after having a heart attack, and possibly a stroke, trying to go through all the therapy just to be able to talk and so on, was truly amazing to me... it helped to remind that little boy in me that there is always going to be something to keep us down, keep us silent, but to stand up with courage in not keeping us silent. that we do matter. that we do need the support and validation that the abuse we suffered, in it's many forms, is very real and unique to each one of us.... you're friendship, brotherhood, is truly a gift to me.. thanks.

Edited by Obi (09/08/12 01:46 PM)

my story

my vlog

#409725 - 09/10/12 02:30 PM Re: The Give Back Thread [Re: Obi]
Robert1000 Offline

Well said, Obi. And I want to echo the things you said. What happened happened. And our lives are testimony to the fact that WE STILL GO ON! What happened to us DOES NOT DEFINE US! It's just another piece of history in a tapestry of histories. Keep searching. Keep healing. Keep seeking peace. Thank you, brothers. Bob

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.