Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
1 registered (Logan), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446694 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#40965 - 01/23/06 11:17 PM Know what I am thinking Paranoia
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I guess that ppl could read my mind, it is not so deep a subject now, but it was a big issue for many years.

If I was thinking about my past, I would think that ppl would pick it out on their radar, just as I have radar to keep me safe.

The silence that I kept for so many years, eroded a load of my judgement in life, it was like, I was so far away from my own emotional needs, and the right to live a fulfilling life.

I guess I have done enough whining for now, but these feelings really get to me sometimes,

ste

#40966 - 01/24/06 01:04 PM Re: Know what I am thinking Paranoia
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ste,

It's not whining bro. If you have feelings about something it's all for the best to talk about them.

I don't remember feeling that people could read my mind, but I did feel like there was something about me that would give me away to anyone who looked for a second. I felt like I had a sign on me. I also absolutely hated being naked in front of other boys (changing rooms at swimming pools, gym class, etc.), for the same reason.

I wonder if the feeling that others could pick you up on their radar has something to do with the feelings of powerlessness and helplessness so many of us had?

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#40967 - 01/24/06 03:57 PM Re: Know what I am thinking Paranoia
george of kent Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: delaware
Our prison bars usually are, at least to a large extent, built out of our own shame and silence. I believe that speaking out is the only way to break out of that prison.
Thanks, brothers, for showing me your courage here.
Love, etc.,

Someone must take a stand -- Coward, take my coward's hand"
Arthur Laurents

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.