Newest Members
dmoss2004864, loomsday, Dennis Miehls, Sandyy, leodragon76
12668 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluestar7 (46), ferdie1949 (66), jonathan (58), LovingFriend (28), tjp42588 (27)
Who's Online
5 registered (iaccus, smc1972, 3 invisible), 13 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12668 Members
75 Forums
65074 Topics
455152 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#407099 - 08/17/12 01:23 PM My Own Project
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
These stickers are proliferating my town and surrounding areas. Same with a space-ad in our local paper and within town meetings. The website traffic is massive, (as is the apathy). But I'm trying to not give up on it.

NOTE: Just because I and a few others at MS doing this sort of stuff, no one else at MS ought to feel pressured or remiss in not doing similar. Your primary effort and focus is recover and healing. This site's primary focus and mission remains survivor and victim recover and healing.

Political activism and social change is in no way part of recovery (IMO) for the vast majority of people. I'm a particularly vocal and angry victim of social convention. I have a drive to do this sort of thing (attacking windmills).

#407120 - 08/17/12 05:23 PM Re: My Own Project [Re: Still]
scottyg Offline

Loc: Seattle
You go Rob Quixote!

But I gotta submit one slight disagreement. Activism CAN and perhaps should be a part of our recovery. No. It's not for everyone, just as 12 steps isn't for everyone but it's good for those of us who need it.

As victims of sexual abuse we were not in control of the situation and we HAD OUR POWER STOLEN. As an advocate you are TAKING YOUR POWER BACK. I am cheering as you rage against the wind machine. Gather your sling and your stone and your donkey jaw bone, brother.

-SG
I'd give it to you if I could -but I've borrowed it.

#407487 - 08/21/12 10:11 PM Re: My Own Project [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Today, I was witness to three yuppie couples with children in a complete tizzy over a dog left in a car (with cracked-open windows, in the shade and cool inside). Twas my car (a Ford p71) and I was with my kids at their mother's house.

One woman, who was flipping-out of her freaking gourd, approached the house screaming her lungs out. Fortunately, I was amused by the flock of Yuppies and tolerated her ranting and wild flailing. (a woman flipping-out CAN be a funny thing)

Now, I do understand the yuppie, in its natural setting has virtually no survival instinct for themselves or their children, but it was made explicitly clear where their priorities lie when a dog's well-being came into focus. Any reasonable person would have concluded that the world was ending given their school-girl-like panic and protests. I mean these folks were ready to piss themselves and faint!

When one male of the specie became threatening and vulgar, I ordered them out of the area and to stop their foolishness. The dog was in no danger and my children were no longer feeling safe.

Anyway, not one of these parents have made any move or said a word regarding the free access sex offenders have with children in this town. Now that just ruined my amusement with them.

It may be time to re-run my phony newspaper ad for the Guided Baby Seal Hunt on the NH beaches. The hospital ER usually fills with a few stroked-out yuppies then.

#407945 - 08/26/12 12:55 AM Re: My Own Project [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

The website is getting lots of traffic. One might think it reasonable for the Selectmen to ask what would cool my jets? But they ain't axing and I isn't offering. In the interim, the Realtors want me dead, the area pedos are probably the ones who drive by all night honking their horns and the Hells Angels no longer flip me the bird.

Mixed blessings I guess...Like I care...

Check-out the new "Resident Evil" and "Creep of the Week." I'm so glad I live in a bullet-proof brick house!!

Rob is a pain in the arse!

#407949 - 08/26/12 02:22 AM Re: My Own Project [Re: Still]
standingstrong Offline

Loc: East Coast.. home of the best ...
Being new to board, this is one thing that I feel I can post openly about.

I am in total agreement with Scottyg on Activism, this is one of my goals, as I heal. If I help one child not experience the pain, guilt or the emotion of abuse, which I had. I really think it would for the first time show compassion for myself, Something I have not had for a long time.

just my .02 cents for me.

#407964 - 08/26/12 07:40 AM Re: My Own Project [Re: standingstrong]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: standingstrong

I am in total agreement with Scottyg on Activism, this is one of my goals, as I heal. If I help one child not experience the pain, guilt or the emotion of abuse, which I had. I really think it would for the first time show compassion for myself, Something I have not had for a long time.

I'm in full agreement with you Standingstrong and Scottyg. I just don't want to even hint to anyone that societal or community activism is an "expected" ro "compulsory thing." Many many of us are just able to hold onto the lifeline with both hands...no hands for bull-horns and billets.

BTW: Welcome to the site. If you are so inclined, you might want to hop onto the introduction area and say "hey" to the gang, heard.....mob.....I think "gang."

That's also where I would say "Oh! Yer from the Boston area? Wicked awesome! I grew up in Danvers!"

#407979 - 08/26/12 09:43 AM Re: My Own Project [Re: Still]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

I, too, am interested in activism, not just to save boys the misery we experienced, but also to give a voice to us adult survivors.

It is important to mainstream the understanding that adult survivors are everywhere and need someone to talk to. Like Rob said, some of us are barely hanging on. The ones of us who are moderately more stable owe them what we have left over to be outward facing to the normals.

You Boston people crack me up with your "wicked awesome" expressions. I also enjoy hearing things like, "Trading Josh Beckett to the Dodgahs is freakin' retahded."

#407983 - 08/26/12 10:14 AM Re: My Own Project [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

On the NorthShore, we had another expression: "Wicked pissah!!" That's even better than "wicked awesome." Typically, WP would be used to describe one's glee with an event, such as: "Did you see that throw? Gawd....that was wicked pissah!"

But it can be used to describe an item: "Awe....that Trans Am is wicked pissah!!"

#409559 - 09/09/12 12:11 AM Re: My Own Project [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Today's Fundraising thing at the Town Fair. You can see the fireworks setting up in the ball field behind me. Raised some decent bucks, but made some powerful political and wealthy individual contacts.

Sorry the signage is FUBAR, but the wind was wicked bad.

#409561 - 09/09/12 01:18 AM Re: My Own Project [Re: Still]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
FWIW, when it comes to "activism", I think it's according to our own gifts. For some, yeah, it's the bullhorns. I found my strength is better expressed one-on-one. And, for me, it's best done without a feeling of obligation. Sometimes I've been doing it and not even realizing it.

Robbie -- get a dowl for the top of the sign ;-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.