Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
4 registered (oriolesguy, 3 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63651 Topics
444532 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#408806 - 09/03/12 02:36 PM Hello, I am ltlkty
ltlkty Offline

I'm just getting around to the introduction forum, though I've been monitoring the friends and family forum for a while. It is a little late for my CMS,SO. Had I this resource & 1in6 in 2005 when I 1st suspected, I may have learned enough to keep the knee jerk reactions (some manipulated I'm sure), etc., from dictating the destruction of 2 lives. As I found the site after I left, I can only get comfort from the friends & family forum, and pray he got the messages I sent with your org's link, and 1in6. (I've been deleted from his life you see). Thank you for being here. I have lost everything, but not as much as some. You all are a great help. Thank you. Hindsight......

#408836 - 09/03/12 10:45 PM Re: Hello, I am ltlkty [Re: ltlkty]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Welcome ltlkty,

There are many relationships that have resulted in pain, frustration and devastation from the harmful effects of sexual abuse. My heart reaches out to you in mourning the loss of a loved one. We struggle to recover here, and our dear supporters struggle with us.

I personally want you to know how important taking good care of yourself is as you move into this part of your life. You are a good and caring person who has been overwhelmed with the acting out and erratic behavior of a confused, hurt and panicked survivor. This does not mean you cannot grow, learn to create appropriate boundaries and enjoy a healthy meaningful relationship again. It may not be the first thing to do tomorrow, but it is something you can work toward at your pace.

Please consider recovery groups in your area such as CODA or Al-Anon. Find you in the midst of this pain, and heal from this hurt.

I am rooting for you ltlkty,

Sam

#409182 - 09/06/12 08:16 AM Re: Hello, I am ltlkty [Re: ltlkty]
Older1 Offline

You have shown courage in joining this site some months ago. Carry on !!

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.