Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
1 registered (atari_kid86), 69 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62517 Topics
438110 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#40910 - 01/27/06 09:01 PM Re: Sudden turnaround - major result!
Kirk Wayne Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Shrewsbury UK
Larry

it is said that on average an abuser will abuse eight people before being caught. I hope that takes into consideration my original abusers stats. Im no good at maths but here is a rough breakdown.

When I knew Chris Denning in 1970 he was entertaining three boys a day.

So that 3 x 365 = 1095 offences

1970 to 2006 = 36

36 x 1095 = 39420

Ok lets round that up to 40,000

If allowing for a 50% error that leaves 20,000 and even if he did not abuse 20,000 that still leaves one hell of a lot of damaged individuals.

That is one frightening stat.

Kirk
"Lets take this bull by the horns and swing it around a bit" - Kirk

#40911 - 01/28/06 10:52 AM Re: Sudden turnaround - major result!
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Just another update - on Monday after attending court, I e-mailed the Policeman that I first spoke to! The Person that took my statement and immediately got the whole thing rolling. I thanked him for believing me.

He's obviously been off work until last night & I've now had a really positive response from him. He, along with the rest of the local police, is very pleased that we got a result. They are pleased that a pervert that was previously unknown to them has been stopped in his tracks.

He thinks that others may now come forward and also expects that others who remain silent will achieve some closure.

His feedback also supports a resounding theme among the responses that I have received - that I am a very strong person. Maybe I am, but there have been times over recent years that I have felt like the weakest of the weak! I certainly didn't feel too strong on Monday, as I waited to give evidence - although I knew I was ready.

It still hasn't really sunk in - maybe I need to see the sentencing carried out & maybe then I will really believe that all of this has happened. I've just been in chill out mode since Monday.

Thnaks again for your support...best wishes ...Rik

#40912 - 01/28/06 05:09 PM Re: Sudden turnaround - major result!
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Rik,

You must have been strung out like a piano wire on Monday! So it doesn't surprise me that you are still taking things on board right now.

Yes, you ARE a strong person. What we feel about ourselves and who we really are can be so different! All we have to do is trust ourselves and take those forward steps.

And look at the results. Your courage has stopped someone who may have been abusing lots of boys, and it is setting an example to others. They will see that they are not condemned to silence and that they too can seek justice.

As you take all this on board I think you are in for a VERY fulfilling week or so - and you deserve every moment of it!

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#40913 - 01/28/06 06:33 PM Re: Sudden turnaround - major result!
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
Happy Freedom!

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#40914 - 01/30/06 06:24 AM Re: Sudden turnaround - major result!
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Later today, it will be a week since the perv pleaded guilty. I am still having difficulty letting this result sink in. The only way that I can describe it, is: It's like being told you have some terrible disease that you will always have to live with, then going back to the doctor after a long, long time, worrying about the long-term implications to find out that you are actually OK after all and there is no problem.

Maybe when the sentencing is complete on 17th Feb, it will become more real!

Best wishes ...Rik

#40915 - 01/30/06 07:31 AM Re: Sudden turnaround - major result!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Rik,

I hope you got that date wrong, that is my birthday and I dont need that as a reminder of when I got born.

You may not see how I view events this way, but is sucks to have to go through that on my birthday, honestly, so hope it is delayed.,

ste

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.