Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
2 registered (Dave PNW, I Want 2 Thrive), 72 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62494 Topics
438027 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#409109 - 09/05/12 06:17 PM Diagnose disorders Not real, ptsd bipolar etc..
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
Anyone who has been "diagnose" with ptsd ,bipolar ,adhd etc needs to know there is no scientific evidence for these disorders. For example my step son was on a bunch of drugs including lithium because he has diagnosed with "bi polar" and "adhd" at 9 yrs old come on.

The background is what you need to focus on the not a diagnoses . He had been taken away from his mother at the age of 8 because of his grandmother who was a crazy and wanted to control her daughter " my wife" by any means necessary. So he started acting out "normal" behavior for someone in this situation. Not a symptom

I told my wife he did not need to be on the drugs he needed his mother and a normal family setting .

He got worst the longer he lacked these things . He was also being molested by his uncle which i could tell the signs of that and told my wife and when we got custody back of It was confirmed .
All the actions he exhibited were perfectly normal for being in that environment. Not a symptom There was no need to give him drugs . Just love and attention that everyone deserves . Just like we all were missing and people that get "diagnosed" with a disorder is in need of the same things . When we got him we had him weened off all the drugs . He was crazy in the beginning punching holes in walls having to really deal with his issues without the comfort of the drugs .

He was in therapy and through spiritual counseling and lots of love being the KEY ingredient he has been able to talk to me about the abuse and get the necessary help to deal with his problems not use unhealthy drugs to mask the issues. He is Thriving as a 17 yr old right now

I have always thought that people on these drugs were not in need of them but in the same way an alcoholic or drug addict uses to lesson the blow of what ever it is they are dealing with . This is the same effect with pharmaceuticals . I have always felt the drug companies were making shit up to sell what ever they needed . stay with me take for instance ADHD look at the symptoms if this is the case than everyone on the dam planet has ADHD check it out

Really people come on every kid every teenager suffers from everyday life this is not a diagnoses

difficulty paying attention to details and tendency to make careless mistakes in school or other activities; producing work that is often messy and careless
easily distracted by irrelevant stimuli and frequently interrupting ongoing tasks to attend to trivial noises or events that are usually ignored by others
inability to sustain attention on tasks or activities
difficulty finishing schoolwork or paperwork or pperforming tasks that require concentration
frequent shifts from one uncompleted activity to another
procrastination
disorganized work habits

forgetfulness in daily activities (for example, missing appointments, forgetting to bring lunch)
failure to complete tasks such as homework or chores REALLY EVERY DAM TEENAGER AND IF NOT THEY FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO GET ON YOUR NERVES
frequent shifts in conversation, not listening to others, not keeping one's mind on conversations, and not following details or rules of activities in social situations

Hyperactivity symptoms may be apparent in very young preschoolers and are nearly always present before the age of seven. Symptoms include:

fidgeting, squirming when seated
getting up frequently to walk or run around
running or climbing excessively when it's inappropriate (in teens this may appear as restlessness)
having difficulty playing quietly or engaging in quiet leisure activities
being always on the go
often talking excessively

This is not a diagnoses this is everyday life
now switch it for a moment the every day life that we dealt with was abuse it was sexual in nature and it causes our hormones to be more active because of the result of abuse .
Take anything traumatic and of course you can call it Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome or Bi Polar barbecue we have no idea how to cope with the trauma of our everyday life styles .Good or bad

These are not symptoms these are unresolved issues and instead of dealing with them and finding a healthy way of dealing with them we are proscribed by modern day legal dope dealers to give us something to take the edge off but really causing more damage making us addicted to them and never figuring out a real solution to the problem .

The real issue is people not facing the problems of finding healthy ways to deal with it . We all have different make ups and we all are products of our environments . Therefor we need to deal with cause and effects . Of course someone returning from war who has seen terrible things and saw death and maybe responsible for death is going to have post stress but prescribing them a drug to deal with it is not the answer . The same with abuse of course there is Post Traumatic Stress we all have that but it does not mean we need a drug to manage it . It is a bunch of bullshit !!!

Here is the proof of all my accusations there is proof unlike "chemical imbalance" which has NEVER been proven . There is actual proof that what I am saying is true .

Before you jump all over this thread watch the documentary and find out the lies you have been being spoon fed and see how it started and how it continues to this day even with all the proof in the world , it is all about money folks you are not sick you are being made more sick and by believing you have all these "symptoms " you are fooling yourself you get to justify and use the Excuse you have this or that so you can go on not dealing with the real issues . Not that you do not want to be helped or not that you are not seriously trying to help yourself . Just buying into the hype and therefore doing more harm than good

Get weened off the drugs before you are worse off . All you have to do is realize there NEVER has been A CURE for any of these things . look it up or ask yourself are you cured ? No you are not ,It is always adjust this adjust that and change this and change that REALIZE there is NO CURE for any of these things EXCEPT finding Healthy solutions dealing with the causes of the problem

WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW

Documentry = Diagnosis of disorders is BS

Edited by nltsaved (09/05/12 09:43 PM)
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#409114 - 09/05/12 06:26 PM Re: Diagnose disorders Not real, ptsd bipolar etc.. [Re: nltsaved]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
I have thought alot of these same thoughts nltsaved.. I have seen also kids that I think truly have a attention disorder or something going on.... I am scared of the chemicals in the medicine an what it may do to the kids long term. It I a touchy subject and there are extremist on each side. But I am interested in others responses as well. There are parents that use the medicines because they are lazy an them you have the ones that genuinely believe their kid has an attention issue as are trying to help. It will be an interesting topic tho

Edited by Country (09/05/12 06:28 PM)
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#409116 - 09/05/12 06:33 PM Re: Diagnose disorders Not real, ptsd bipolar etc.. [Re: nltsaved]
nltsaved Offline

most of the time they need ATTENTION or the parents need to find the root cause of the problem it could be all the sugar or caffeine they allow their kids to have. I never understood how people can give their kids soda pop at young as 2 or three . I have seen some in baby bottles really that is nuts . It is parenting styles it is the environment they react to the environment they are in. When things are not working in my own house hold I find the cause whether it be someone at school influencing my kids whether there is to much arguing or yelling in the house or what ever . when a child starts acting different there is a reason .
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159

#409117 - 09/05/12 06:42 PM Re: Diagnose disorders Not real, ptsd bipolar etc.. [Re: nltsaved]
Country Offline

I have seen both sides of this situation. I feel much like you do about this. I also see the way that my step sons focus is way off and then when he takes his medicine that he is more focused. It also makes him ill and lose weight. He I a really good kid but has a problem paying attention and understanding. When he takes his medicine it actually does help. I am concerned about the side effects tho. Me and my wife has had several discussion on this topic. I feel the way u do or I did. My stance has changed a little tho since seeing the medicine does help. She wants him to do well in school I why she gives him the medicine. Otherwise he gets in trouble for being goofy and trying to be a comedian. He does not take it during the summer while school is out tho.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#409118 - 09/05/12 07:24 PM Re: Diagnose disorders Not real, ptsd bipolar etc.. [Re: nltsaved]
traveler Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
my daughter was being prescribed *3 DOZEN* meds daily - some multiple times by some of the so-called best experts in the field. of course ths was costing a FORTUNE! about 1/2 were to counteract the bad side-effects of the others. when her insurance ran out, she quit all of them cold turkey except for a couple that she uses as needed. in many ways her condition has not been helped at all by the meds. she is actually doing better in some respects now. YES - drugs are over-prescribed as an easy solution - whether there is evidence that they help or not. big profits for the mfgrs.

lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#409139 - 09/05/12 09:38 PM Re: Diagnose disorders Not real, ptsd bipolar etc.. [Re: Country]
nltsaved Offline

watch the video you and your wife
WRITTEN FORM

#409145 - 09/05/12 10:23 PM Re: Diagnose disorders Not real, ptsd bipolar etc.. [Re: nltsaved]
traveler Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
i should clarify - my daughter's conditions are physical - not primarily emotional or psychological. but the principle still is true i believe - that far too many drugs are being prescribed - for all conditions. not saying that all meds should be trashed - but care, skepticism and selectivity need to be used.
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#409152 - 09/05/12 10:56 PM Re: Diagnose disorders Not real, ptsd bipolar etc.. [Re: nltsaved]
Country Offline

The video is over 2 hours long. Geez. It sounds almost like one of those conspiracy theory things. I am almost fixing to get off work so I will listen to the last 2.5 hours when I get home or tomorrow. Interesting stuff so far but seems their points could be debated as well.

#409166 - 09/06/12 02:20 AM Re: Diagnose disorders Not real, ptsd bipolar etc.. [Re: nltsaved]
Country Offline

Very interesting info. Thanks for posting this nltsaved

#409257 - 09/06/12 06:23 PM Re: Diagnose disorders Not real, ptsd bipolar etc.. [Re: Country]
nltsaved Offline

My sisters kid was hyper but i kept tellling her to get him in something that would tire him out and release that extra energy but she chose to put him on something or other even though he is more calm i still think that is not the answer. Everyone is differant he is hyper does not mean he needs drugs it means he is a boy and needs to be outside playing and finding constructive things to release the energy. Now kids sit and do nothing but play games or pc,lost in this tech world and have parents who allow the kids to be their friends but that is a seperate mattter. parents just do not want to be bothered with parenting not all but most now a days. Not me my kids have to socialize and play outside . I just think just cause some of these drugs help does not mean we should put people on them. The downside is going to result in to many bad side efffects. like i was saying people neeed to find a way to deal with their problems not self medicate. but u and i no what the Real cure is
WRITTEN FORM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.