Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
1 registered (Steve J), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443347 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#408553 - 08/31/12 03:12 PM The Give Back Thread
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
i got an idea to do this thread, after reading so many posts/threads, where we are down on ourselves. i'm hoping that this thread will go viral on here with many posts.....

the object of this thread is to post "thank you's", positive thoughts, whatever to fellow users in letting them know how much you appreciate them, their help, etc.

so many posts/threads on here show we are incredibly down and feel like we don't amount to anything, haven't done anything, haven't helped at all and so on. usually, those posts get followed up with a bunch of posts by others users letting that person know just how much you've inspired them and so on.

my thought was, why wait for a thread/post like that to come up so that you can reply back with a positive message. i say just come to this thread and post how grateful, thankful, etc. you are....

i'll get the ball rolling....

my first post will go out to paul... during this year i've been working on taking care of me. well, i came to a point that i was stuck on some issues that i never thought i could work through. i didn't believe i would ever work through some issues i had. i ended up losing hope for myself... then he came along.. it was because of him that i found hope again. that i can now believe that i can work through some of my issues. I HAVE HOPE AGAIN!

thank you, paul, my brother for being there for me.... it's greatly appreciated....

Edited by Obi (08/31/12 03:13 PM)

my story

my vlog

#408560 - 08/31/12 04:23 PM Re: The Give Back Thread [Re: Obi]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Nice thot Obi, so I'll join in.

I shot out a PM to about half a dozen of you yesterday - you know who you are - concerning a response from the church, which I can't post here.

Let's just say your unabridged, uncensored replies were a welcome kick in the 6 o'clock. Hey, I need to check out my thinking sometimes!

#408578 - 08/31/12 08:07 PM * [Re: Obi]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 12:02 PM)

#408613 - 09/01/12 04:00 AM Re: The Give Back Thread [Re: Obi]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
obi - great idea!!!

I want to acknowledge the courage of those who put it all out there – no matter what. Regardless of whether it is a confession, sharing their story, asking a question, looking for or sharing resources, expressing hurt or a need for help, whatever you contribute – you are keeping this forum and website alive and active – and strengthening the healing process of thousands of men. And more of you than I can name have touched my life and made a difference in my life.

Even those who have never posted – but continue to read – thank you for the hits that keep on coming. Those help raise the number of hits on the relevant posts so that others find them. And thanks to those who give a bump to other posts so that they stay close to the top of the list so others can see them.

And special thanks to those who take the time and effort to communicate the really painful and difficult stuff that is embarrassing and gut-wrenching to write. it takes balls to do that. It also helps the rest of us more than you can know.

I started a list of several names who have been the most frequent and recognizable givers for me – and it just kept getting longer and longer and longer… no surprise – the ones who have helped me the most are the ones who have posted the most often. Go figure! I had to quit and just say thanks to everyone who has raised your “voice.”

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#408659 - 09/01/12 04:59 PM * [Re: Obi]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 12:02 PM)

#408660 - 09/01/12 05:01 PM * [Re: Obi]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 12:07 PM)

#408701 - 09/02/12 10:48 AM Re: The Give Back Thread [Re: Obi]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

thanks to the guys in the back alley gang for always being supportive.

thanks to the greeters/mods/admins here on ms for the often thankless job you all volunteer to do here.

thanks to many of my friends here.
andy
hew
drew
d!!!
the sampede
oliver
jeff
gary
bk!
calv

thanks to ug... hope you are winning the fight against the cancer and enjoying your trip.

thanks to tone.. i also pray that you are winning the fight against the luekemia.

thanks to robbie... i know we've had our differences in opinions and where we are in our battles, but i still consider you a friend.

thanks to terry... you may not see this post and that's ok... i've been really proud of you and your progress... you're doing great!

thanks to everyone that has contributed so far in this thread and to everyone else that will contribute to this thread.

thanks to anyone that i missed. i'll definitely include you in my next post....

thanks to every person on ms.... just being here is helping, not only you, but others here as well....

my story

my vlog

#408703 - 09/02/12 10:52 AM Re: The Give Back Thread [Re: Obi]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

huge thanks to the moose!

you get your own post... LOL....

have fun on your trip... glad to see you feel safe in posting again...

my story

my vlog

#408723 - 09/02/12 08:18 PM Re: The Give Back Thread [Re: Obi]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Ive been through a few generations of MS members. This place looks absolutely nothing like it did when I arrived. Change seemed to come in major baches of turnover. So there are many many names for me to thank, but they just are not around any longer.

But I DO want to shout-out to:

Obi: You have always had more faith in my brain, abilities and such than I ever have. Yer a genuine person and an even more genuine friend. I simply cannot handle anyone being in my trench, feeding me ammo and calling-in artillery fire. So I chase everyone out and return to fighting alone. Its the mode I literally grew-up in. Its as much a part of me as the English language. Sorry you had to discover that the hard way Obi.

Moose: We seem to have EastBoston in common and definitely true bostonian roots and cultural features.

Gary: There's no room for political-continuum disparity on a war-ship. Everyone fights together for the same cause of survival, or we all die together. So the ideological or political difs are far-beyond the horizon...no matter how wrong you may be :-)

Lee: You have been there with some very timely hands-up when I'm flat on the floor. You've been herea little bit longer than I have, but seems like I've know you for decades.

Andy Texan: I don't know how you ever tollerated me online or in real life. I've met SO many people from MS in real life. You are about the only one left talking to me...and I even forced you to eat sushi!

To All and Everyone: Thank you for tolerating my crazy. I got lots of crazy that is fed by my past and present...and attitude....and arrogance...and self-centeredness...and superiority complex....and lack of trust....separations anxiety...abandonment issues....alien complex...fear of the color yellow...meds variations...and hatred of all things made in Zimbabwe.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#408736 - 09/02/12 10:43 PM Re: The Give Back Thread [Re: Obi]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
today i want to specifically thank:

KMCINVA and Avery46 and Magellan - i have personally witnessed growth, change, and progress in each of you in real time - and it has been a huge inspiration and encouragemnt to me. thank you for sharing your journey with us.

nltsaved and JustScott and Sasuva and Country - your faith and willingness to speak Truth has been both challenging and comforting and has helped me find the way.

pufferfish and Chase Eric - your transparency and sensitivity and wisdom have been gifts that have given me revelations and insights that i cherish.

Life's a Dream - your PMs have been incredibly helpful and supportive.

more later...

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.