Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
4 registered (Mike26, TwoSpiritRising, 2 invisible), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63569 Topics
444142 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#40899 - 01/26/06 01:05 AM Re: Sudden turnaround - major result!
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Rik
what great news, you deserve it.

you've done a brave thing and shown the world that Rik is the man he was always destined to be.

Take care friend.

Dave

#40901 - 01/27/06 03:07 PM Re: Sudden turnaround - major result!
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Thanks again for your supportive comments - it still has really sunk in yet?

Just to let you know that the Town Crier has now been publidhed! You may be interested to read page 3 of this weeks issue. Page one also highlights some paedophile issues, but they are not related!

http://www.shildontowncrier.com

*be patient, it's a bit slow opening!

Best wishes ...Rik

#40902 - 01/27/06 04:17 PM Re: Sudden turnaround - major result!
Zipser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Connecticut
Rik,

Went to the link and it was well worth the wait for the page to open.

Bravo and well done.

Zipser

#40903 - 01/27/06 04:58 PM Re: Sudden turnaround - major result!
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ogden Utah, USA
Rik,

This is good news! Almost gives me the courage to drag a certain perp's sorry ass out of his nursing home bed and into the court room. But he is already out of commission so I wonder if he would be worth spending my energy on?

Anyway, congratulations!

Darrel

#40904 - 01/27/06 06:17 PM Re: Sudden turnaround - major result!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Wow, newspaper you can actually download and keep.
Yes, I read it, he probably pleaded guilty knowing that there are others who did not come forward.

From experience I know they dont just get a few, but many.

He will go down and although the sentence will be lighter because he finally admitted it, he took it to the wire and even had the jury go through the hurt of having to face that type of trial.

You can only hope that the judge realises the depth of degradation he has caused,

ste

#40905 - 01/27/06 06:45 PM Re: Sudden turnaround - major result!
RICK57 Offline

Thanks again for your supportive comments.

I have spoken to the police again today, and have only just spoken to my sister - I have now realised that I also knew the third survivor as a child! He has 2 forenames and currently uses the second one as his name - when we were children, he used the first one.

Through talking to my sister I realised that I used to hang around with him when I was probably about 10. We stopped hanging around together when the street that he lived in was demolished & he moved to the opposite end of the town. My sister also used to babysit him and his sister on a Saturday night.

Apparently he is in a right mess at the moment. I have told the police that I don't mind if he wants to contact me directly. I will now inform them that I have made the connection with his name, and that may make him feel more comfortable speaking to me. If he has someone to talk to directly, hopefully that can alleviate the way he is feeling now. I have had four years of recovery (initially very slow) including 2 years here. From what I understand, he has only just spoken up for the first time in December (similar age to myself, just a bit younger). Perhaps I could speed up his recovery process & let him know that he is not alone. The choice is obviously his, but I have made the offer!

What I would do to be let loose with a red hot poker!

Best wishes....Rik

#40906 - 01/27/06 06:53 PM Re: Sudden turnaround - major result!
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Rik,

This whole thing is such a triumph for you and all of us are so proud of you. So should you be! My T tells me that abusers tend to be serial abusers, so who knows how many boys you have saved by your perseverance.

And on top of that you have connected with a fellow victim whom you knew as a boy. It's just great.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#40907 - 01/27/06 07:57 PM Re: Sudden turnaround - major result!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Rik,

"Apparently he is in a right mess at the moment".

Firstly this is Danger with warning lights flashing.
I guess the cops have not got him any help from professionals.

Tell the cops that he will need you to be there, or somebody with knowledge of trauma.

I think he should stay away from the court on sentece day, and maybe you too, if you feel shaky, but I guess you want to see his sorry face go down.

What I would do to be let loose with a red hot poker!

God what I wanted to do with a poker when I stoked the coal at home, I knew exactly where to put it.

What would I do to be in court to watch his ass quaking!
Durham is not that far in a car, but I aint got one.

We could all have had a celebration together.
One thing to think about, is to be careful of emotional thoughts throughout.

Keep safe in yourself, and come here more often to thresh out those thoughts.

Your T should have warned on emotional rollercoaster you my find yourself riding.
Keep safe, ;\)

ste

BTW, I hope the press get a shot of him going into the court, because he will be carted off in a dog van.
If he lands in Durham jail, it will be Hell fire on Scorched Earth for him.

All this from ste, who does not believe in retribution to keep myself safe in mind, oh well.

#40908 - 01/27/06 08:36 PM Re: Sudden turnaround - major result!
RICK57 Offline

Ste - both myself and the 3rd Survivor will be attending for sentence. I don't feel shaky at all - all of that negative electricity that has been floating around my body is back in the National Grid (hope the power surge didn't blow too many street lights).

The good thing about Durham Crown Court, is that it has a back door that leads straight out into the jail!

Do not pass go, and do not collect 200! He used to like playing games - I'm sure he'll learn some new ones!

I want to see his bald head that he has covered with a wooly hat for as long as I can remember (nothing wrong with being bald, but he hates exposing his shiny dome).

Best wishes again ...Rik

#40909 - 01/27/06 08:41 PM Re: Sudden turnaround - major result!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Durham is known as one of this countrys toughest prisons, but I guess he wont be there long.

People in that place love shiny domes (Pun) intended., Wink Wink, say no more,

I guess he will top himself, my birthday is that week on the 17th, so I need some cheer,

ste

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.