Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, freeze-on, OCN), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63591 Topics
444239 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#40846 - 07/23/02 06:00 PM Re: not for profit corperation
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
WOW !!
this is powerful stuff, and so positive.

I have been lucky enough to discover just how good it is to help others in some way, however small.
I felt part of the community here all along, but when I was asked to moderate it was a big jump for me. I know 99% of users here are respectful of others so it has to be said it's no great hassle to me, but it does give me a sense of being some kind of help to others, which in turn gives me a renewed sense of self esteem. Something we all need desperately.
I also help at the charity that provided my therapy. One night a week I answer the door buzzer, smile and say "hello", make coffee and hopefully make the clients feel a little bit more comfortable while they're waiting to be seen.
It aint much when it's written down, but sometimes I get to see a smile on the faces of those coming out, and that makes it all worth while. And if they're not smiling I make damn sure I smile at them, I remember how much it helps.

It doesn't matter how much you do for the cause, or who with. The important thing is to get our experiences into the system, we know what goes on. We can smell the fear on another survivor, we recognise the look in their eyes that asks for understanding.
It's why N.O.M.S.V. and the charity I help got started.

Don't give up, but be prepared for some hard times.
Lloydy \:\)

#40847 - 07/23/02 11:09 PM Re: not for profit corperation
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Broken,
I'm not sure but I have a feeling my post while well intentioned may have came across in a condescending way. If you know me in real life, I do get very passionate about things, but usually try to stay as far away from condescending as I can get. I might have failed here and please accept my apology for that.

I am glad to see that you are putting energies into something that will make a differance. It can be very tiring work and sometimes very draining. I've recently found that out and am trying to recharge my batteries before I move forward again. Maybe NOMSV isn't being as clear about the ways everyone can help in as they need to be and I would say if that is the perception, challenge them on it. By all means though, if you can do things that work together with NOMSV, both endeavors will be richer for it in my opinion.

Anyway, just didn't want you to think I was against you... it wasn't that... guess it is something I just get a little passionate about. (ok, a lot passionate).

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.