Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64153 Topics
447637 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#408338 - 08/29/12 06:49 PM I've been visiting dominatrixes
lee2012 Offline

I've always had depression and anxiety but about a year ago I visited a few dominatrixes and ive felt really messed up since, is this common

#408396 - 08/30/12 06:40 AM Re: I've been visiting dominatrixes [Re: lee2012]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Hello Lee,

Welcome fellow survivor to these safe, healing halls here in MaleSurvivor. The answers are coming.

When survivors of sexual abuse re-enact the scenes they remember of the abuse, it creates a present day vivid awareness. It is if it happened today, and we are small, helpless and victimized. A strong authority figure that demands submission and complete control would certainly file in that category.

The recovery path will consist of facing those memories, being overwhelmed, afraid, sad and angry of the events, and then slowly, patiently, with empathy and kindness, begin to help the hurt self to find relief. You need relief from the things you experienced.

The experiences here of being in relationships with rescuing, controlling, abusive, demanding personalities abound in the posts and replies. It is common for a survivor to be in a relationship, or several and at some point realize this is not good for him or worse, exacerbating the victimization.

Ask questions, your mind is already exposing you to the abuse and it's harmful effects, so get the answers you seek. Find the ways to love, comfort and support you through healthy experiences and mature growth in personality and understanding.

The answers are coming.

Sam

#408400 - 08/30/12 07:32 AM Re: I've been visiting dominatrixes [Re: lee2012]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

It is common to seek to re-live the abuse in one form or another, and it is common to feel messed up afterwards.

It's time to find a good therapist in your area to talk about things. I'm starting back with a new therapist after Labor Day.

I see you're new here... Look around, read some posts (but not too many at once), and start replying to some of the other posts in here. It will start to make sense and you'll know you're not alone.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.