Newest Members
jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312, Just Hanging
12342 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
5 registered (Eric M., 4 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12342 Members
74 Forums
63437 Topics
443448 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#407505 - 08/22/12 03:04 AM BROKEN SEXUALITY
1lifenow Offline

Loc: west coast
This was scheduled for the Oprah network. The ex head of Exodus, the ex gay group. It has finally come full circle that the head guy who said you could change sexual orientation where you wanna, you know don't want to be all about head.

So this is the last thing i think thats important. The abuse of gay men and those that are questioning their sexuality by making them feel they have broken sexuality and that GOD has the power to change cuz just like the Elephant in the Pew minister says 'if god cant change a little thing like sexuality..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS2MmgeORY8

July 7, 2012

Exodus head Alan Chambers: ex-gay therapy offers false hope

BY NATASHA BARSOTTI - Exodus International head Alan Chambers has been repeatedly distancing himself from his organization's "change is possible" mantra, much to the intense chagrin of those still devoted to the idea that all gay people need to rid themselves of homosexuality is a good dose of prayer and therapy.
“I would say the majority, meaning 99.9 percent of them, have not experienced a change in their orientation or have gotten to a place where they could say that they could never be tempted, or are not tempted in some way or experience some level of same-sex attraction,” Alan Chambers told a Gay Christian Network (GCN) conference on Jan 6.

“We’re not using change as a slogan anymore,” he said. “I’m very, very clear to say, we used ‘Change is possible’ for so many years, and it was used on me, and we used it, and the people who used it wanted it to mean something more than it did . . . but we don’t use that phrase anymore.”

“I am sorry that that is something we used,” he said when asked by a GCN conference panellist if Exodus had apologized for using the phrase over a 30-year period. “This is something we regret very much being ambiguous about, because I don’t think ambiguity with this subject is helpful, so that is something that we’re very, very sorry about.”

Now, in a July 6 story, The New York Times quotes Chambers as saying there is no cure for homosexuality, and so-called reparative therapy is an exercise in false hope for gays, and might even be harmful.

According to The Times, accusations of heresy have been levelled against Chambers for his reevaluation, seen as causing a rift in the ex-gay movement.

Chambers is not the only prominent proponent of conversion therapy who has apologized. In May, none other than retired psychiatrist Robert Spitzer retracted claims in a controversial 2001 study he conducted that claimed "highly motivated" gays and lesbians could change their sexual orientation. "In retrospect, I have to admit I think the critiques are largely correct," Spitzer said.

And in a statement of apology on the site Beyond Ex-Gay, co-founder and former leader of Exodus Michael Bussee calls himself a proud gay man and says groups like Exodus will go out of business when people no longer feel that they must deny who they really are to attempt to become what they really are not.

Last year, John Smid, a former director of ex-gay ministry Love in Action, came out as gay, saying it's impossible to change one's sexual orientation.

Is it just a matter of time for Markus Bachman, the PRAY THE GAY AWAY potential first lady... er man. can do the same

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCu67Dw05wc

He says gay are not just broken , they are "BARBARIANS NEED TO BE EDUCATED, DISCIPLINED". Oh that is priceless and fabulous all that the same time.

Lets call it what it is , mental torture

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV5CY-pJmPk

But these clinics provide "quality christian counselling". So that justifies all of it. Oy vay, holy shit. So much repressed rage , so little sanity.

Even tho there has been an overwhelming mountain of medical evidence, retractions, and just plain calling the kettle black , it doesnt matter, cuz there will always always always be those that pray on innocent and naive men in a state of inner turmoil. Shame on them, and damn them to hell for taking money under the ruse of remoulding same sex attraction.

Ultimately sexuality as an adult is what it is. We can accept it or not. The goal of us servivors is to finally see we can be ok with whoever we are, whatever our sexuality is. it doesnt matter. but change it you cant. not now , not ever. unless you check the yellow pages or web and hand over your hard earned cash. god speed.

WoR Barrie 2011

#407566 - 08/22/12 02:33 PM Re: BROKEN SEXUALITY [Re: 1lifenow]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 08:05 PM)
Edit Reason: SILENCED

#408260 - 08/28/12 10:26 PM Re: BROKEN SEXUALITY [Re: 1lifenow]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
If this "prey to stop being gay" thing wasn't obviously so bad for the people who believe it, i'd find it so ridiculous as to make me laugh.

maybe if I concentrated and preyed to god for long enough i could grow an extra leg, or wings, or a third eye, or something similarly loopy!

I know s/xuality isn't so simple as anatomy, but really, the idea that it is so changeable is just nuts to me.

I have often wished I was gay, sinse I always imagine it'd be far easier to find a relationship with a man, and I don't experience half the same genophobic reactions from proximity of men as I do with women, ---- but in all fairness, i have to admit that I'm just not, and if I can't be gay, why should someone who was gay be any different?

i ws similarly irritated when the catholic church in scotland started a recent campaigne against the bill proposing to legalize scotish gay mariage, ---- why!

So to anyone who is gay, the belief isn't universal among those who are not by any means.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.