Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
6 registered (CafeMan, 5 invisible), 56 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62563 Topics
438358 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#40800 - 02/09/03 11:38 PM Re: New Member
ecb Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hell man I don't even know why I do any of the shit I do, but thanks. Half my life is pure instinct, and the other half is trying to create something of a future for myself that isn't compleatly depressing. \:\)

As far as volunteering myelf, I have a tendancy to underrate my skills, so no matter how good I may be at something, I tend to feel that I'm not skilled enough, so I don't even bother. Yet another thing that I'm working on. \:\)

As far as doing things that will help me heal as opposed to some other reason, I'm still trying to figure out what stuff would help me heal. I suppose I'm not particularly in touch with my own feelings. I had a discusion with a friend a while ago where we discussed wants and needs. His needs were things like companionship, good friends and someone to love, mine were a house and food. Really enlightened huh? \:\)

But thank you for your advice, I'll try to work it in where applicable. And thanks again for listening.

#40801 - 02/09/03 11:59 PM Re: New Member
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
ECB we are all here to help one another and help each other deal with issues. Read my post to Victor under Re; How Come. Be good to yourself brother.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#40802 - 02/10/03 10:19 AM Re: New Member
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Quote:
Hell man I don't even know why I do any of the shit I do, but thanks. Half my life is pure instinct, and the other half is trying to create something of a future for myself that isn't compleatly depressing. \:\)
Ecb, it may not be so for you, but for me that "pure instinct" is my inner voice (re: the song "The Voice" by The Moody Blues). When I listen to it things usually go pretty well. It's when I don't I get most of my problems...

Maybe that half of your life that is pure instinct
could be your inner voice, which will guide you in that other half, trying to create a positive future for yourself.

The catch of course is in not being afraid to listen to the voice within, and not letting other voices distract you, like the voices of perps. That, I'm still working on, to say the least. But at least I'm working on it...

Quote:
As far as doing things that will help me heal as opposed to some other reason, I'm still trying to figure out what stuff would help me heal. I suppose I'm not particularly in touch with my own feelings.
My friend, I'm working hard at trying to figure this out for myself right now. And a big part of it is in not being in touch with my own feelings, as opposed to the feelings of my perps,
the feelings I think others expect of me, etc. (Re: the thread "Emotions Without Feeling.").

Trying to find myself under all the crap...

Victor

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.