Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#407799 - 08/24/12 12:18 PM Is this a stroke?
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Ok, it sounds grandstanding, but I really had unusual symptoms early this morning. I do not have trouble sleeping, but I have this one wierd thing, I get up at about 2:30am. I usually roll over, free the stuck hand and go back to sleep, or get up for a bit and wander our the RV, then back to bed.

It has been very stressful lately. The manager of the park, my very good friend and I have been having some outs. He is a micro manager, and I am not motivated that way. We have had a couple of intense moments, but that was a couple weeks ago. Last weekend, his brother had a heart attack and is brain dead. That was difficult to support and listen to him make arrangements to travel from Ohio to California. It is his last living relative in the family he grew up with, dad, mother, younger brother, all gone.

My son has been a source of anxiety and stress for me. He is 17 recently made yet another poor decision. He is away for the summer and we thought maybe he could stay for the school year at his grandmother's, she was very keen on the idea. He invested in something that would have cost him a great deal of money and was on the line for much more. He does not have a steady source of income. We told him after the grandmother and he had done this, that he was going to undo it. He got mad. I felt it was time he came home, my wife is completely against the idea, so she and I disagree, but finally late this morning we came to an agreement.

I have been dealing with this so this morning, I went back to sleep for about 40 minutes. I woke up because I found it hard to catch my breath, this does not happen usually. My heart felt as if it was trying to burn a hole through my chest, and my left shoulder stung like I had burnt it.

I worry it was a stroke, any thoughts/experiences/doctors? There is no history of heart issues in my family, although my dad suffered from a stroke about the same age, he carried a great deal of stress.

Thanks, it felt better just getting this stuff off my chest,

Sam

#407821 - 08/24/12 05:31 PM Re: Is this a stroke? [Re: SamV]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
sounds like panic attack to me
BUT GO SEE A DR TO BE SURE

Kirkridge - October 2008
Alta - September 2012
Alta - September 2013

#407823 - 08/24/12 05:55 PM Re: Is this a stroke? [Re: SamV]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

O thought panic attack at first, well, I am used to 'em. This one had some different symptoms. In doing some research, heart attack, disease, stroke, is felt in the center of the chest, not the extreme left side.

A doctor explains it this way: "When a patient thinks it's a stroke, it's indigestion, when the patient thinks it's indigestion, it's a stroke." True to form, I had beer and jalapeno brats that night. The sausage skin tears my stomach up, the beer is gas, and the jalapeno reaction well, does not need to be described here in any great detail.

Yep, I should go to a doctor... don't ask if I have wink okay Mark?

Sam

#407876 - 08/25/12 09:12 AM Re: Is this a stroke? [Re: SamV]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Sam -

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!

we need you.

Love,
Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#407991 - 08/26/12 11:50 AM Re: Is this a stroke? [Re: SamV]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Lee,

I am. I need you, so I will be healthy to come here and read your sage advice.

My sincere appreciation,
Sam

#408048 - 08/26/12 11:54 PM Re: Is this a stroke? [Re: SamV]
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
In my experience a stroke feels like a mule is standing on your head.
It left a small circle of white hair in the back of my head and it took me seven years to entirely stop dropping things.

#408145 - 08/27/12 08:36 PM Re: Is this a stroke? [Re: MrEdd]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
My guess: You had a mild heart attack. Maybe you need to lose weight, get your blood pressure down, get your cholesterol down, and free yourself from stress. You may have sleep apnea. In that case you should be sleeping with a CPAP machine. Start taking an aspirin every morning and take a capsule containing salmon oil.

Puffer

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.