Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
5 registered (Aptrick, VASurvivor, 3 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63419 Topics
443375 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#407525 - 08/22/12 08:05 AM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
Thanks Jim. I am going to add my thoughts in this post as I go. I have alot more to share or get out there so other survivors don't feel alone I'm their thoughts or feelings
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#407526 - 08/22/12 08:08 AM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Lancer]
Country Offline

I have also Lancer. Lee gets his points across quite well.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#407541 - 08/22/12 10:17 AM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Ok let me get this right. I have a great job and I am blessed in that area of my life. But , If I was born with a condition which disabled me from working or had a wreck and was severely disabled then I could get disability. There are tons of survivors with PTSD and other illnesses / trauma that affected there brains and have them scared to go out in public and do they get squat? Do they , I don't know but I was wondering this morning about this.

Edited by Country (08/22/12 10:18 AM)

#407542 - 08/22/12 10:34 AM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Speaking for myself - HIV for 20 years - I tried The System. It was dehumanizing, humiliating and frustrating. Eventually I decided the stress was doing me more harm than any good I could hope to gain. Some of my friends are built of sterner stuff.

I may yet try again. In a sense, though, I prefer this choice. My struggles are overcoming my own limitations, not overcoming (or submitting to) a mindless bureaucracy. Those times I am successful, it's all mine.

#407543 - 08/22/12 10:38 AM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Instead of me confronting my abusers which could lead to physical outburst. One is my uncle , I think I will write them a letter telling them in all the ways they messed my life up and my mind. I do forgive them but I have never confronted them about it. I want them to know the money, tears, and pain they have caused me. I want them to know that they are or were predators and that they will be held accountable for their actions one day by the big Boss man. Maybe twy have changed their lives and I hope they didn't abuse anyone else. I will demand a rely and some answers to questions I have like what age did you start abusing me uncle?? Why did u choose me? How many others did u abuse? Have u went to therapy for your issues? I am not seeking financial compensation fr them for my therapy cost although I think they should have to pay that. I am seeking a sincere heartfelt apology and I want them to know what they done was wrong and unacceptable and immorale

#407544 - 08/22/12 10:41 AM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

I was unaware for your HIV lancer. Sorry to hear about that. I bet the system was tough for you and I hear it is for all. Why tho? I mean let's say u was in a car wreck and got ur leg cut off then it would be NO problem. Get molested and abused as a kid and have sooo many issues it is hard to live much less work and deal with that too and they act like u are just going to be ok because u r a man now. What a system we have. I respect our government but I believe it is used in all the wrong ways.

Edited by Country (08/22/12 12:10 PM)

#407552 - 08/22/12 01:03 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Being survivors I think it is easy for us to put our kids first, before anything, that is wrong of us. Yes we should protect them and be involved and raise them in the right manner but our spouse should be above out kids. We have made our kids feel entitled ad it is getting out of hand. We need to let them know that they do not run the house. We Ned to let them see that outlet wife comes before them. They don't always get to go first or open gifts first at Christmas. This is all part of what I think is wrong with society today and how we have gotten to the point we are today. Kids don't want to work fr anything. They feel like it should be given to them. They feel like they will just automatically have a great job and nice house and the same ara that their parents have. They are removed from most reality and it is mostly or all our fault. We raised them. We allowed it. We basically said it is OK because we didn't stop it. Ok I am done with this rant session. Sorry if I offend some and that is not my intention but sometimes toe stepping is good.

Edited by Country (08/22/12 07:09 PM)

#407572 - 08/22/12 04:32 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

A sad but true statement. There are more people that care about PETA's stance and issues than male survivors. More people give to the humane society than to male survivor.

Edited by Country (08/22/12 07:05 PM)

#407579 - 08/22/12 07:08 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

I was thinking about Monkey while ago while I was cutting grass and hoping that his " telling the group" goes well for him and helps him heal. I was thinking about Avery as well an wondering how he has been and doing with his kids and grand kids. I was thinking about Just Scott and his powerful skit about letting go of the chains that hold u down. I was also thinking about maybe starting my letter to my abusers.

#407597 - 08/22/12 09:41 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Go figure, I cut the grass to let my mind go blank ;-)

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.