Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 41 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12251 Members
73 Forums
63104 Topics
441299 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#40749 - 02/11/03 12:59 PM Re: Survivor-Dealing with Dreams
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Quote:
I would add.. change never happens until we are too uncomfortable to remain as we are.
Exactly, Andrew--and I'm going from "comfortably numb" to "uncomfortably numbed"! The reality of my present pain is becoming greater than the imagined & probably unlikely future pain of the hard work, surgery & recovery my healing will require.

Thanks for adding the good words Andrew. Take care.

Victor

#40750 - 02/11/03 01:20 PM Re: Survivor-Dealing with Dreams
andrew-almost52 Offline

Loc: canada
Good luck Victor! You deserve the best. You contribute so much to everyone else's recovery, that karma dictates your road will be a fast track to some peace and serenity. ... Andrew

#40751 - 02/11/03 02:07 PM Re: Survivor-Dealing with Dreams
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
this is like a good movie where we cry a bit and it has a happy ending.

The end is yet to come, but I think I might have seen this movie before.

Dave
PS. Vic' I like your taste in music, The Climax Blues Band are still gigging around these parts, and they're a blast to see live.

#40752 - 02/11/03 04:05 PM Re: Survivor-Dealing with Dreams
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
This to everyone who has posted. It does not matter whether you are 25 or 90 we are on the same road, each and every one of us. We are bound together by the commonality of what happened and in a kind of sad way that makes me happy to know you all. We are all brothers in this and keep remembering that WE WILL WIN no matter what. It does not matter where you are on the continuum in your recovery. What is important is that no matter what slips occur or roadblocks we are faced with we will perservere. To do otherwise THEY WIN. If you are young physically like OnewithStrength or older like myself we have bonded in a common purpose and that is to reach an inner peace with the child within us all.And OnewithStrength you may be young but are old well beyond your years in what you have had to endure. So are we all. Remember everyone that We support each other here without judgement and with compassion. Everytime one of us wins just a little bit we all take joy in the accomplishment. Someday we will all see the stars.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#40753 - 02/11/03 05:01 PM Re: Survivor-Dealing with Dreams
OneWithStrength Offline

Loc: U.S.
You guys are great man, really ! I do feel a significant bond with all of you for sure !!
there is just so much compassion and concern in all of you ! wow!!anyway, on with my update of myself ! i have a app. with a counselor on the 28th i am trying to get in sooner but just waiting on a few options to come through , but until then you guys are my therapy kinda,but more like my outlet to life ! as this life thickens into a deep dark place i will soon see the light
i know this in my heart there is no other way the time is near and the battle is on , my thoughts a lttle poetic i guess !!
May God Be With You All
,My Friends
Shaun O.W.S.

#40754 - 02/11/03 05:22 PM Re: Survivor-Dealing with Dreams
andrew-almost52 Offline

Loc: canada
Shaun, you are kickin' butt man. Keep up the good work! Peace, Andrew

#40755 - 02/11/03 06:05 PM Re: Survivor-Dealing with Dreams
OneWithStrength Offline

Loc: U.S.
thanks Andrew appreciate the support i really do !! -
-Peace Within-
A mysterious and yet so powerful of a force
have driven us to the tip of sanity's edge and now it's and it's either jump or fight your way back onto level ground , i ask myself why ? why should i have to go through all this shit , what did i do wrong ? nothing !! find the child inside of you and become one with him once again ,it's the only way to find your level ground !

#40756 - 02/11/03 11:16 PM Re: Survivor-Dealing with Dreams
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Andrew: Thanks, that's nice of you to say. I hope for more peace & serenity for you, and for all of us, on Recovery Road!

Dave: That is so cool! Seeing the CBB would be a real blast!

Mike: Thanks for those wonderful encouraging words for all of us!

Shaun: You really are One With Strength, and you share that strength with us. Thank you!

Yeah, you guys ARE great!

Victor

#40757 - 02/16/03 12:22 AM Re: Survivor-Dealing with Dreams
Jess Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Shaun,
Such mature poetry! Are you sure you're as young as you say? Keep up the good work. Sincerely, Jess.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.