Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
4 registered (help4aCSAspouse, manipulated, Shyshark, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63654 Topics
444544 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#414798 - 10/30/12 08:55 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
Self identity and how one perceives themself can go along way they recovery. If u find urself stuck in a rut then maybe u quit walking towards the finish line. U can start the race but if u stop half way then u can't say u finished.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#414799 - 10/30/12 08:57 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

We can blame whatever we want to on CSA but the bottom line is are we striving to get better. Are we satisfied with our current status.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#418624 - 12/09/12 09:40 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Just dropping a post and checking in. The EMDR is the real deal fellas. I mean I stand in awe of the release of anger and feelings of rage and guilt that just let go. It truly is amazing. I am doing great. My T is awesome and we seem to be clicking on all cylinders. The wife is still going with me and I just wrote an awareness letter and a letter to my uncle who was one of my abusers. I haven't sent it and don't know when I will, probably after my grandparents pass.

I just want to say this. If you are stuck in a rut. Only you can pull yourself out. Words of encouragement here at MS help but you are in charge of you. We are entitled to nothing here. Just my opinions here but when we realize that God owns everything then we can drop our sense of entitlement. In pray for y'all still and hold y'all with the highest repect. You are capable of more than you give yourself credit for. After all you are a survivor.. You are gonna be OK.

It is funny what brought me back tonight. I will share it. My wife was on You Version. It is a bible app on our phones. She went to the search mode and seen where in looked up some things on masterbation and lust. Some of y'all will remember when we had that discussion on here. Haha. So I was showing her where I posted about this in the post " all guys do it".

Anyway while I was here I just wanted to share a few things and say hey and wish y'all well. I would also like to encourage anyone interested in EMDR to take a leap of faith. Trust me, it is all that and a bag of chips. Thanks for all the PM's and good wishes.
In leave y'all with this thought. We are all made equal. Yes, the same God that created Moses and Abraham made you and me. He didn't spend more or less time on any of us. We are to sharpen one another as iron sharpens iron. I hope y'all are safe and doing good and I hope y'all have a Happy Christmas as New Years. This will be the first one I see my uncle since I have faced my abuse. Thy is why my T thinks writing a letter may help me prepare. I wanna thank you all for everything. Even the not so great posts. They have all helped shape me. For the people in Family and Friends I hope y'all have the same great Holidays. God bless you all. I am sure there were typos cause this iPhone has keys that are tiny.

#418631 - 12/09/12 10:07 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Country -

great to hear from you - and so encouraging to hear of all the progress and positive stuff going on in your life!

you are still in my prayers - and will be regarding the face-to-face with your uncle. please let us know how that goes.

may you be blessed, guided and guarded!
Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#428718 - 03/22/13 03:12 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Last night a door was opened for me to speak at a boys ranch in Selma Alabama. These kids have been rejected by there parents and this is where they end up. Some are criminals and have nowhere else to go. I gave my testimony. My past abuse and everything in my life.

8 kids turned their life to The Lord and 1 turned a knife in at the end. There is hope and The Lord can use us to help others.

My EMDR is still having amazing results and everything is going good. I pray for y'all and hope y'all are doing good. Take care and much love to everyone here.

#428723 - 03/22/13 03:53 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Country

I have missed you.

Thanks for the update! It is so good to hear the Lord using you like that. The thought of one day sharing my testimony sacres the bejeebas out of me.

Glad all is well back in the ranch.

Lee

#428732 - 03/22/13 06:05 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

It did me too bro. It helps me as much as the people hearing it. Thanks bro. Hope all is well. Going turkey hunting at the club

#432279 - 04/24/13 01:25 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Once someone knows us and knows that we are survivors of childhood sexual abuse are they always going to analyze everything we do and keep us under a microscope?? We allow them inside to know the hurt and pain and wanting them to know that we want HELP. My conclusion is this:

They may always examine every little detail about Us..SO? We know out progress. We know we are doing OK and we know we are getting better. Most of the time thy are just worried about us regressing so they are looking out for any abnormalities. We shouldn't let this regress us. More than likely it is because they love us. Maybe it is even something inside of them that is healing too.

Y'all have a great day. Blessings and love to all and remember your progress is up to you. No excuses. Questions, yes but no more excuses.

Edited by Country (04/24/13 10:28 PM)

#433316 - 05/02/13 04:28 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

I remember when I first addressed my abuse. My mind was in overload. Thinking and over thinking everything. Was this a normal thought and was my thoughts before bad or good. I questioned every thought and my mind stayed exhausted

#445712 - 08/28/13 12:27 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

So I am done with my therapy. All that my insurance will cover anyway. My life is so much better and clearer now. EMDR was a blessing. Wishing everyone the best.

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.