Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445535 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#407054 - 08/17/12 04:24 AM a [Re: CloudyFalls]
lbcali1978 Offline
MaleSurvivor

A

Edited by lbcali1978 (04/16/13 06:04 AM)

Come home

I said

I'm confused and alone

They said

We understand

I found out they don't

I'll walk the path exactly how I've always done it

Alone

#407065 - 08/17/12 09:11 AM Re: Why didn't you just tell? [Re: CloudyFalls]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Most do not realize many times we were conditioned not to tell--if we did tell the perp told me I would be taken away and no one would believe me or if I did not do what he wanted he would go after my brother (and I fear he still did hurt him)or my family would be hurt. I wanted to tell but feared he would act on his words and sadly, I feared no one would believe me. Today I have heard several say it is not true but then there are the truly good people who stand by me and understand--You will find some people with good hearts.

I also believe once you tell someone they are not helping you heal they should have the decency to back off and realize they are causing further damage to you. It may be best to ignore them.

#407091 - 08/17/12 12:23 PM Re: Why didn't you just tell? [Re: CloudyFalls]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 07:59 PM)
Edit Reason: SILENCED

#407358 - 08/20/12 10:56 PM Re: Why didn't you just tell? [Re: CloudyFalls]
CloudyFalls Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Thank you guys for the support, I can relate with a lot of your stories. This whole thing just sickens me, I'd say it's one of the hardest things to deal with, this question, but the truth is, everything about what happened is the hardest thing to deal with. I tell myself, "It's over, it's done. I'm okay now, it's not happening anymore, and never will again." But it happens every time something reminds me, and it haunts me everywhere everyday. It replays in my mind and in my dreams. I wish it was as simple as saying it's done and gone and just living today in the here and now.

#407369 - 08/21/12 12:43 AM Re: Why didn't you just tell? [Re: CloudyFalls]
Jim1104 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana, USA
It wasn't even on my radar screen until I was 51. Until then, I never really understood why my main goal since I was 12 was to die. People are just plain ignorant sometimes. And the answer to your godmother's question was, "No, I really could not have told."

God bless.

#407371 - 08/21/12 12:52 AM Re: Why didn't you just tell? [Re: KMCINVA]
Sterling Offline

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba,Canada
good stuff! I like what you guys wrote hir.

Goran

#407417 - 08/21/12 01:05 PM Re: Why didn't you just tell? [Re: CloudyFalls]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
Like I always say...My dad never molested me, but set the perfect stage for my uncle to operate.

He was a rager. So much aggression and conflict there wasn't really a healthy forum
(or time) to disclose something such as this.

Also, like I told my mom, my uncle was a master manipulator. It wasn't always easy and sometimes pain was involved, but he made me feel special, he made me feel like it was almost normal...

I the end,I had no real defense, with such an immature mind.

I guess, I told in my own way, but you had to be listening...

Problem Child (AC/DC)

island

#407473 - 08/21/12 08:34 PM Re: Why didn't you just tell? [Re: CloudyFalls]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
I got to say, I waited until I was 37 to say something.. I have asked and cried over this... Why didnt I say something?? Why O' why didnt I ? I guess because I was so young that I was scared too and then later I was ashamed of it.. The main thing is that I finally did say something and started healing
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#407478 - 08/21/12 08:59 PM Re: Why didn't you just tell? [Re: CloudyFalls]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
A shrink told me that "these things" (CSA episodes) typically blow up when "we" are in our late 30's or early 40's. I was 42. It's aggravating that we can't go back and tell somebody about it when it happened, but that's a grown-up's regret, not a child's fault. Peace!

John

#417745 - 11/30/12 09:40 AM Re: Why didn't you just tell? [Re: unhappycamper]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
RIIIIISE FROM YOUR GRAAAAVE

My T has said based on what I do recall and my behavior / body language in discussing it that the perp must have threatened me and I just don't remember. The whole aftermath is a blank; my clothing was drenched in water and unwearable (why I was undressed in the first place) but obviously somehow I got through the rest of the school day (somewhere, doing something) and was seen at home by my parents without raising suspicion. Maybe (pure supposition, no evidence) he left me there naked and took my clothes to a laundromat - only would have taken 40-ish mins to dry them and I sure would have stayed where I was put since I was naked in the school bathroom stall.

Later it didn't feel real or like it had really happened to me instead of being something I'd just watched happen. And by the time I was sure it was real, 4 years later, there were other crisis issues hurting my family and I didn't want to make them sadder.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.