Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
4 registered (gettingstronger, 3 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63569 Topics
444137 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#407122 - 08/17/12 05:45 PM Old Friend Presses Charges Against My Perp
lukehorace Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
Found an old friend on Facebook, from high school in the 60s and friended him. I shared with him a bit of my abuse story from the 60s. Perp was a high school teacher we all idolized. I was pretty messed up in high school and wanted my friend to know why.

He told me that in 2009 he filed charges against the guy with the local and state police. I didn't know you could do that. This was in West Virginia.

I am stunned. The feelings are a bizarre mixture of shock, thrill, heaviness--physical heaviness--it's hard to lift my arms. We both know there are many more.

The perp is in his late 70s now. What are the chances he is still abusing kids? I live in Michigan now--how would I join such a suit? What are the pros and cons of doing so?

I'm scared I'm going to be paralyzed, emotionally, and honestly to some extent a little bit physically. Any thoughts?

#407208 - 08/19/12 08:24 AM Re: Old Friend Presses Charges Against My Perp [Re: lukehorace]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

If you're not in therapy, get into therapy immediately. You're going to need help with this.

And then, ask your friend which prosecutor to contact in WV. Or, if you don't want to go through him, contact the West Virginia Attorney General's office to ask if there's an open case on your perp:

http://www.wvago.gov/contact.cfm

There's still a chance he's still abusing, even in his 70s.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.