Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
1 registered (MissesMe), 17 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64165 Topics
447757 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#407205 - 08/19/12 03:00 AM filmmaking
TW16 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Utah
With the help of a friend, I have finished writing a screenplay for a feature length film, and I was wondering if anybody might have any information about raising money. I was told that I would need to raise $100K to produce this film. So, I was just wondering if any of you might have some suggestions, recommendations, etc.

TW16

#407213 - 08/19/12 09:39 AM Re: filmmaking [Re: TW16]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
TW,

Your most substantial source of "how-to," and "where-to," might be with the major film schools. Email and call the heck out of faculty, chairs and prominent students of the U. Cal school that is all about film (can't remember the name right now).

You might also put together a "sell-sheet" that give the reader a really good picture of what its all about in 30 seconds, as that world is very A.D.D. and does not know you.

If you have a big family, now is the time to call 100 of them.

There may be grants as well if we are talking about a CSA film. "Arts in Healing" is a popular target for grants.

I would also find "like-producers" whom have found funds for a similar film and brain storm with them.

If you have access to a good digital cam and set, you might put a verbal pitch in digital format so that you can email it around to people.

I would concentrate on the rich and famous whom have disclosed. I'm not gonna mention any names here, but PM me later if you need some.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.