Newest Members
DavidM-LT, lmarsden, Raysn226, 20;1;14;5., Talman
12772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (40), Harry (34), knigh50 (54), mike54 (57)
Who's Online
5 registered (Strive 38/11, iaccus, 3 invisible), 19 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12772 Members
75 Forums
65786 Topics
460136 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#407051 - 08/17/12 02:42 AM Depression
Aries1984 Offline

Loc: Chicago
I guess I would call it depression but I dont know honestly what to call it. I want help but feel like I dont deserve it and if I do then where do I go to get it. I want to heal but I am still in the same town and pass almost everyday the place where the abuse happened. I think I might be feeling this way cause I did in fact pass and see the exact place it happened and it triggered me, I had flashbacks and a panic attack. I dont know how to exactly describe what I've been feeling all week other than a feeling of fear and anxiety. Any suggestions? I want a sponsor that I talk to but I havent started therapy, I dont know where to start looking. So lost and confused

#407063 - 08/17/12 08:33 AM Re: Depression [Re: Aries1984]
Casmir213 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northeast, USA
Aries,

If you have the means to afford therapy, a good place to start your search for a therapist is www.psychologytoday.com. Click the "Find a Therapist" tab and it gives options of which city, town, zip code you want to find a therapist in. Then it also has a picture of the therapist, contact info, and info about the therapist/therapy.

You might want to avoid the place where the abuse happened if you can, at least until you are in therapy and can deal with what is triggered in a supportive and trusting relationship with the therapist.

Casmir

WoR Alumnus - Hope Springs, OH, October 2009

My avatar is the farmhouse at the Hope Spring, OH WoR. It's a nice place.

#407064 - 08/17/12 09:03 AM Re: Depression [Re: Aries1984]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Aries

I have felt the way you feel--I know it is overwhelming--the feeling of despair and worthlessness. But as Casmir said, talk to someone, a therapist, also some medications may help to relieve the anxiety and depression--see a doctor or psychiatrist. Many times a psychiatrist and therapist work together--one for medication management and the other for the talk and therapy.

I know you will find the help you need

Kevin

#407095 - 08/17/12 12:37 PM Re: Depression [Re: Aries1984]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Airies,

Thanks for sharing your pain. Its a good first step...and you can follow through by connecting with a live body who can help you heal. Take some of the guy's advice above. All of us have been, and are still in your shoes. You're not alone...we're always here for you.
Weep not for the memories
Sarah McLachlan

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.