Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
8 registered (Shyshark, CheerfulJohn, finallyhere, 4 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63994 Topics
446677 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#406827 - 08/14/12 08:03 PM Minneapolis area men
josephMpls Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Hello, sincerely looking to connect with local men who are struggling, failing, have success- with the effect of their abuse- I was abused for several years and have on going - debilitating effects, thank you, Joe Feel the need to meet other men in person, connect, have not had good experiences with groups here- very serious, thank you-

#406868 - 08/15/12 01:48 AM Re: Minneapolis area men [Re: josephMpls]
Darrick Offline

Loc: So. California
Hi- I feel the same way. Needing to connect with men with similiar issues. I live in LA, but just returned from Minneapolis (family lives in Edina) last week. Had I have known, I would have made time to connect. May be out to Edina again soon. darrick.

#406877 - 08/15/12 07:40 AM Re: Minneapolis area men [Re: josephMpls]
josephMpls Offline

thank you Darrick- would like to talk when you're back in town

#406967 - 08/16/12 12:05 AM Re: Minneapolis area men [Re: josephMpls]
Darrick Offline

Thanks. Send me a message if you would like to talk. My life has been devastated due to the abuse. I struggle everyday and at times feel strong, then not. No one seems to understand.

#406993 - 08/16/12 10:28 AM Re: Minneapolis area men [Re: josephMpls]
josephMpls Offline

I feel very much the same- would like to talk.
I take one step forward and two steps back- can't keep friends or jobs- lost

#407048 - 08/17/12 01:57 AM Re: Minneapolis area men [Re: josephMpls]
Darrick Offline

You have a friend here. I have few friends too. The one friend I confided in about the abuse ended in more sexual abuse. It seems like I have a sign on me to sexually abuse me.

#407413 - 08/21/12 12:13 PM Re: Minneapolis area men [Re: josephMpls]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
There are many male survivors I know of in the Twin Cities (myself included).

See the weekly group meeting I just posted about in this forum. It's listed in the resources linked on the main malesurvivor.org page. Talking to other survivors can be very helpful. Darrick, when you say, "No one seems to understand"... do you mean other male survivors? Because, I find other men who've been abused DO tend to understand, often immediately and that connectedness is really helpful to us...

Allan

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#407497 - 08/22/12 12:19 AM Re: Minneapolis area men [Re: josephMpls]
Darrick Offline

Hi Allan-

When I say "no one understands", I mean those who have not experienced what we survivors have experienced. I am a survivor of clergy sexual abuse and it seems that everytime I reach out to talk to the Church about this, I get no response. I only wish I am in Edina more often to connect with you all. It seems difficult to connect with other survivors in LA.

darrick

#407644 - 08/23/12 11:41 AM Re: Minneapolis area men [Re: josephMpls]
cymrotom Offline

Hi...Tom here,

I would be interested in a group here in Minneapolis.

Tom

#410168 - 09/14/12 11:38 PM Re: Minneapolis area men [Re: josephMpls]
littleboylost Offline

Loc: Edina MN
I can relate to this thread, I have NO male friends in my life and have a hard time (trusting) making male friends. I tend to be on the gentle side of maleness, so that raises issues at times. Like men believing that I am not gay. I too live in Edina.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.