Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
2 registered (TW16, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63782 Topics
445403 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#40654 - 02/04/03 05:48 PM Update on Monday.
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
I saw a "T" Monday and he was so full of shit.
I called an organization he recomended for sexual issues and asked if they had groups for dealing with CSA. The guy on the phone said I would be suprised how common a problem it was and that he himself was a convicted pedophile. It was so gross. I just got in the shower and sat there until the hot water ran out. I called a Rape Crisis hotline this morning and will see a female "T" Wednesday. if it wasnt for my wife and our church's generic recovery group I think I would take up drinking. That and I'm allergic to hops. look. I made sentences again today.

#40655 - 02/04/03 06:04 PM Re: Update on Monday.
andrew-almost52 Offline

Loc: canada
Edd, like the song says .... ya better shop around. As a 20 yo, I punched out one of my first therapists. He tried to hypnotize me. It didn't work. He blamed me. I clocked him. I didn't have to tell him he was fired. I was put in a straight jacket and given a huge needle in the butt (haldol). The next T I got was fantastic. I then moved to another city and got another one years later. She was terrible. More screwed up than me. I then found an incredible one a little later. He helped me enormously. So, the moral of the story.....shop around. Don't give up. A good T can make all the difference. Peace, Andrew

#40656 - 02/04/03 08:18 PM Re: Update on Monday.
guy43 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
MrEdd,
Ditto shopping around for a T. It's ok to ask them their background and experience dealing with SA issues. There's a link here somewhere about 'interviewing' a therapist..

I'd also add that it can take some time once you find a T you're comfortable with. Building a trusting/theraputic relationship doesn't happen quickly, least not for me.

Stick with it MrEdd and don't give up.

jer

#40657 - 02/04/03 10:04 PM Re: Update on Monday.
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
When looking for a therapist, check out:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/resource/consumer.htm
Ken

#40658 - 02/05/03 08:31 AM Re: Update on Monday.
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
KSinger. Thank you for the post of the resource at Male survivors.org. I found it to be very helpful and informative. god knows I have gone through a lot of therapy and therapists.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.