Newest Members
woodyamorc, Mark B, Jam1e, Fearless, Rail-Fan-79
12596 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
luckywitness (39), Wesley (28), yankee07 (59)
Who's Online
6 registered (Nothing Man, myrlin, Obi, freeze-on, watzupwitu, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12596 Members
74 Forums
64672 Topics
451980 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#406515 - 08/11/12 10:36 PM About spelling...
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

Seems to me that we as a group are particularly good at spelling. I'm constantly amazed I don't see the same common spelling errors I've seen in other forums...and no spell check either! What's up with that?

Just a thot ;-) LOLOL

#406518 - 08/11/12 10:58 PM Re: About spelling... [Re: Lancer]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
I too have read in amazement at the linguistic articulation of this motley crew. I cheat, I use Google Chrome with spell checker. The little red squiggle line is, well, for your comfort, and gets my thoughts across.

Ha, I remember awhile back a young man about five years old, watching me type, in MS in fact. He commented that I used the backspace key more than he did... sigh.

Heh heh

#406544 - 08/12/12 06:31 AM Re: About spelling... [Re: Lancer]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
hmmmm...

i think that i relish the freedom to misspell things and use improper grammar and slang here without being obsessive about doing everything perfectly - probly cuz as an english teacher, i get tired of following rules everywhere else!

lee
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself... And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity." - Paulo Coelho

#406549 - 08/12/12 08:10 AM Re: About spelling... [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
LOL lee! Yes, creativity is a good thing ;-)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.