Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
1 registered (watzupwitu), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63369 Topics
443111 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#405932 - 08/05/12 08:52 PM There are a lot of voices here.
strapper Offline

Loc: Provincetown MA
I'm wondering if there are enough ears here. Is peer-to-peer enough?
I want to volunteer as a helper here - I'm a great listener. How do I make that happen?

Strapper

#406459 - 08/11/12 07:20 AM Re: There are a lot of voices here. [Re: strapper]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Hello Strapper,

I enjoy your volunteer desire fellow survivor. You remind me of me when I joined MS, and saw the agony in me when I posted and a familiar theme of suffering in the posts I read. With that though I also saw the hope and determination of my fellow MS'ers to demand healing for themselves.

There are many volunteer aspects of MaleSurvivor. You can be involved in supporting others in the Healing Circles on Wednesday and Sunday nights. There survivors meet in a real time chat in a private area and disclose struggles and successes in recovery. Others support them with their experience and encouragement. This moderated group meets Wednesday and Sunday in the evening, 8 pm Central Time.

Other ways to support is to reply to disclosures in the forums and reply with support and your experience. It is very encouraging to receive feedback for a difficult process.

You may wish to greet new ones in the Introduction forum as well. These courageous men have opted to reach out to this affirming, supportive healing group, and it is our's to make them feel at home. I see you are a new user as well, I am sure you understand how a warm, welcoming comment helped you feel comfortable.

Finding books and articles on male sexual abuse issues and recovery is another way we volunteer, there is a bookstore here that is inked to Amazon. Finding resources for male survivors is important. Let us know what you have found and we may even link to it.

Of course, posting about your journey is paramount. Letting others know just what you have been working through, your share of the abuse and the different areas that it has affected you is one of the best ways to volunteer. Let us know who you are in the Introductions forum, and then let us know what you have experienced in the MaleSurvivor and other forums. Being able to work through the forums posting and supporting spreads your compassion to many survivors.

You already are of much importance to us in that you have courageously registered and posted. There are 151 million males in the US, and about 25 million of them may have been abused, and of them 10,319, as of the time of this posting, have signed up for this healing environment. You are of great import to us strapper, we thank you for your support, your desire to reach out and for your volunteer attitude.

How else can we help you to help us?

Sam

Moderator Team

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.