Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
2 registered (Jacob S, 1 invisible), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63648 Topics
444519 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#406358 - 08/10/12 05:34 AM In The Belly Of The Whale
Jonah Offline

Loc: USA
Hello,

My name is Jonah. I'm 42 years old, and I've been coping, to an extent, with my CSA for all that time, but only really began facing and acknowledging it for about six days now. I'm going to try to keep to the rules of the forum and not talk too extensively about my issues here, just myself. I'm a 200lb registered nurse who love to ride motorcycles (there's some pathology right there :)). And, more than anything else in this world, except the love of my wife, i want to cut my way out of the belly of this metaphorical beast that swallowed me up as a child. I want control of my life back. I want to stand as tall as i know i am able, and if i can, i hope to lend a hand here. That would make me very proud, indeed.

Thank you for allowing me on board, and be well.

#406363 - 08/10/12 06:23 AM Re: In The Belly Of The Whale [Re: Jonah]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi Jonah,

Welcome to MS.

I am glad you have found this place of healing and support.

As long as you are riding safely, there is nothing wrong with your love of motorcycle riding. I am certain there are a lot of guys here who share your interest.

Feel free to share as much or as little as you like in the Male Survivor forum. When you are ready, you may want to post your story in the Survivor Stories forum. You are under no obligation or pressure to tell anyone anything or to do anything that is uncomfortable.

If you feel therapy is an option, there are resources available. For help in finding a therapist please read the Consumers Guide to Therapist Shopping. Psychology Today has listings of therapists for all states and counties. You can choose the type of therapist you are seeking as well as the area(s) to which you are willng to travel. Also check your county rape crisis center. They offer services to males and females, at no cost to county residents. Some offer support groups in addition to individual therapy.

There are books you may find useful.

Abused Boys: The Neglected Victims of Sexual Abuse by Mic Hunter

Victims No Longer by Mike Lew

I am certain others will share titles they have found useful. You can find these titles, and others here at the bookstore.

Take your time and look around. You do not want to trigger yourself by reading too many posts at one time.

At your own pace, read the boards and wander into chat. The lounge (chat) is open 24 hours a day though it isn't always populated.

We also have moderated chats called Healing Circles. They meet on Sunday and Wednesday evenings at 9pm eastern time and one on Tuesday at 19:00 UTC (European and African time zone) which translates to 2 PM Eastern US time zone. The Healing Circle on Tuesdays is scheduled to resume in September.

Again, welcome to MS.

Anomalous

#406369 - 08/10/12 08:59 AM Re: In The Belly Of The Whale [Re: Jonah]
jay75 Offline

Hi Jonah,

Like you I am new to this site, it has been a great resource. I have been able to correspond with many others that have offered their support advice and more importantly an ear (well a computer screen and eyes). I hope you find answers and your burden is lightend.All the best to you and the road ahead....

-Jay-

#406375 - 08/10/12 10:22 AM Re: In The Belly Of The Whale [Re: Jonah]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Dear Jonah,

I am a nurse as well and its been just a week since I told someone for the first time about the abuse I was put through. Like you I am just starting to work through this but I'm intent on getting my life back.

Garydosh
But I won't back down.
Tom Petty

#406463 - 08/11/12 08:00 AM Re: In The Belly Of The Whale [Re: Jonah]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Jonah -

Welcome - and ...

to continue your analogy a little further -
remember what happened to the famous Jonah:
he got out of the bad situation in the whale = survived!
and he turned his life around = saved the lives of many people - became a reluctant hero!

hoping for good outcomes for you, too, eventually.

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.