Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444538 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#406333 - 08/09/12 09:20 PM Gender Identity.
CloudyFalls Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I'm a little new to the whole gender identity thing. But I've always felt different. I never really had to ask myself these questions until I met my ex who was a transman. I just never really knew anything about gender identity, I thought guys were guys and girls were girls. I always knew I was "bisexual" (which I've come to realize I'm pansexual) But I was afraid of it because I didn't know if I could pick one over the other and commit to a relationship, so I decided I would be gay and never date girls so I wouldn't know what I was missing. Well, that changed when I dated my ex, Katen, who presented himself as a boy, however had a female body (which I didn't know until we were already in a relationship). Now I know where I am sexually, but I never really felt "gay", "straight", or "bi" because I never felt like a "man" or a "woman", and that was confusing. But, after researching gender identity, I'm certain I'm an androgyne.

"An androgyne is a transgender individual who does not cleanly fit into binary male or female gender roles. Androgynes may possess traits that are simultaneously feminine and masculine, or neither. An androgyne is a third gender distinct from a man or a woman, which can still encompass both man and woman."

It's exciting to see that there really is a term for how I see myself. I want others to see me as an androgyne, but I guess the thing is, I don't know where to start. I feel like this is a part of accepting who I am, it's important.

#406415 - 08/10/12 03:46 PM Re: Gender Identity. [Re: CloudyFalls]
Vadrian Offline

Loc: Pacific
I'm really happy for you in figuring out who you are and how you want to identify. I've always liked the concept of a third gender myself, and I think the androgyne label is really interesting. It is difficult dealing with some people--I had many long arguments in the past with "feminists" who insisted on repeatedly calling me a 'man' (a word they defined with their own stereotypes and baggage) despite me telling them that isn't how I identify. Maybe it will help if you can make more connections to the genderqueer movement.

#406418 - 08/10/12 04:33 PM Re: Gender Identity. [Re: Vadrian]
CloudyFalls Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Yeah it is difficult, even my mom who is like really open-minded has a hard time understanding what being transgendered is. And my aunt thinks they're crazy, I don't even want to know what my uncle thinks. I would really like to become involved in the LGBT rights movement and the genderqueer movement, it's something that is very close to my heart, but I don't really know where to start. I'm kinda stuck in my room all the time...

#409058 - 09/05/12 12:31 PM Re: Gender Identity. [Re: CloudyFalls]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 08:28 PM)
Edit Reason: SILENCED

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.