Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
1 registered (learning2remember), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64027 Topics
446819 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#406211 - 08/08/12 02:01 PM 2 Wolves
HD001 Offline

Loc: us
This is from a conversation I had with my Mother, but it's a question I ask myself I lot.

One day when I was about 19 years old my Mom sat down next to me on the couch. This was during a really dark angry phase in my life as I was trying to deal with my CSA. I had been fighting her about going back to therapy as it was just too painful.
Here is what she said.

Inside of all of us there are two wolves.
One wolf is full of all that is good.
Kindness, empathy, love, and truth. This wolf is the wolf of divine light and wisdom.
The other wolf is full of all that is evil.
Anger, fear, hate, and destruction.
This is the wolf all loss, pain, and darkness.
These two wolves inside of each of us are locked in a constant
battle.
A fight for the fate of each of our souls.
She paused for moment
So which one do you think wins? she asked me.
"I don't know." I said.

She then looked me dead in the eyes.
Whichever one you feed. She said
So I ask you my daughter, right now, which wolf are you feeding?

Needless to say I decided that day to go back to therapy.
And everyday as I struggle with my Husbands CSA, I look at my actions and words, and I ask myself...Which wolf am I feeding?

#406323 - 08/09/12 05:45 PM Re: 2 Wolves [Re: HD001]
Esposa Offline
F&F Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
This is so true. And it is, in a nutshell, why simply having AWARENESS is a major step. I often ask myself this question, of course not in such a poetic way (which wolf am I feeding?) - I say Are you acting and doing things that will produce an outcome that you will enjoy??

#409507 - 09/08/12 12:38 PM Re: 2 Wolves [Re: HD001]
CdnDW Offline

WOW... Big, ugly faced cry going on over here!! Does that parable ever hit me. Especially with the way I've been feeling the last 24 hours. Thank you for this imagery. I will try harder to feed my wolf of divine light.

#409543 - 09/08/12 08:32 PM Re: 2 Wolves [Re: HD001]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
Very great story. Thanks for sharing this. Any copyright privileges? Ha. Will use again.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.