Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
3 registered (teba, 2 invisible), 67 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62517 Topics
438113 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#405816 - 08/04/12 10:55 AM A new subreddit to promote male survivor content
Lee Jenson Offline

Loc: United Kiingdom

I have created a subreddit to encourage the collection, discussion and dissemination of online content to support the healing journey of adult male survivors of sexual abuse. Regardless of where you are on your journey or whether you are part of a survivor's support network, let's talk and process what was once unprocessable. Healing from sexual abuse can be traumatic and lonely. This is a place where you can read, heal, find your voice, process new feelings, see that you're not alone and promote good content for other survivors to read and process also.

http://www.reddit.com/r/malesurvivors/

MaleSurvivorORG, Would you be interested in helping to moderate this subreddit if it gets busy, to help keep it a safe but a self help/healing place?

Lee

#405961 - 08/06/12 02:56 AM Re: A new subreddit to promote male survivor content [Re: Lee Jenson]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
I have found Reddit to be an excellent news aggregate, discussion form, and source of entertainment. I am elated to see you did this and may even sign up for the site just so I can join you in posting on that sub reddit.

THANK YOU!

#405973 - 08/06/12 08:13 AM Re: A new subreddit to promote male survivor content [Re: Lee Jenson]
Lee Jenson Offline

Hi, It was so nice to read your reply because I was a bit nervous about if it will work. But all I see is positive things coming from it where survivors share good online healing content (Websites, articles, forums, research, news, stories, pictures, anything online) and help other survivors also in the process.

I just need to keep it a safe place and moderate it.

Lee

PS: It's a bit empty so feel free to post away to help build this new community...........;-) . I was also thinking to make it a private subreddit to make it safer but I am not sure because a public one will make it easier to access and may reach more survivors.

Edited by Lee Jenson (08/06/12 12:07 PM)

#407090 - 08/17/12 12:22 PM Re: A new subreddit to promote male survivor content [Re: Lee Jenson]
Lee Jenson Offline

I was going to make this subreddit private but will leave it as it is. See how things go. People who are at different stages on the healing journey will contribute or just read as needed.
Thanks
Lee

Edited by Lee Jenson (08/19/12 11:23 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.