Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443076 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#40534 - 07/19/02 04:23 PM dont know what to do
teacher Offline

Sorry to bother you, i just have a question and i am not comfortable about talking in person with someone. over the past few years i have been blackmaled into having sexual relations with ceratin family members. i have tried numerous ways to stop all of it but have failed or made the issue worse. a few years ago my aunt started blackmaling me into doin certain things with her or she would tell the family what she had found out. now that time has passed it would have been better for her to tell then to let this happen. after awhile we began doin more and more things. some how her daughter found out what we were doing and she also insisted that we do things or she would tell. a few months ago i finally convinced my cousin that we should stop. her and her mom got into an argument and she moved out. the daughter had been writing some of what we were doing in a journal. her dad found the journal when she moved out and read it. since the journal only states any action between me and the daughter my aunt is acting like nothing happened between us and is pressuring her daughter to go to the police. since i have no proof of me being blackmaled into everything i do not know what to do. if i go to the police first then i will get in trouble also, but i think that maybe if i go first i dont know. to make matters worse my aunt has told the whole family about me and her daughter to make me look bad. i am not sure if i should tell my family and the police what is really going on or just see what time brings. it has been a couple of months since anything has happened so i have no proof of anything except what i say and i really dont think anyone would believe me over them. i have some bad decisions in my life but i have made some really good ones too. i am going to graduate college in december and get my teaching degree and i do not awnt to lose everything i worked for for something i could not control. i have been affraid to go to the police because i was over 18 yrs of age when all this started. from what i can tell about my states law everyone involved in an incest act is punishable by prison and a felony charge. if you have any ideas i would greatly appreciate it. thank you for your time.
No Worries

#40535 - 07/19/02 08:39 PM Re: dont know what to do
jackjohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Fallston, MD
First I think you should talk to your therapist.
Also if you have the money see a lawyer for advice. I don't know about the laws in your area. My gut feeling is your aunt won't go to the police.
I really hope it works out for you. Let us know what happens.

Be good to yourself.

#40536 - 07/19/02 08:54 PM Re: dont know what to do
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Teacher
I'm sure that good professionals, therapists and hopefully police and legal people can tell the difference between liars and those telling the truth, although abusers are notoriously devious. Their lives revolve around lies and deceipt.
It's a choice between a rock and a hard place, but the truth usually comes out in the end.
I don't envy your decision, but be strong.
Lloydy

#40537 - 07/20/02 01:25 AM Re: dont know what to do
Richard Gartner, PhD Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York, NY, USA
It may well be that relations between first cousins, especially if both are over eighteen, are not legally considered incest in your state. Consult a lawyer. Then find a therapist if you don't have one yet. This is imperative. You have a lot to straighten out in your life.

#40538 - 07/20/02 02:31 AM Re: dont know what to do
Broken Offline

Loc: Huntingtun Beach, CA, US
Nobody here can tell you what to do for certain, but one way or another the truth makes itself felt. I am not sure what you did, but you cant carry it around with you your whole life and pretend like it never happened. Your aunt sounds like a very bad person, there is really no way to rationalize or justify this kind of behavior, it is just wrong. Whatever you do, dont live your life in shame.

#40539 - 07/20/02 09:29 AM Re: dont know what to do
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
I sent you a private message Teacher, click on the words "my profile", I hope you are doing better.

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.