Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
1 registered (tbkkfile), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443006 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#404972 - 07/27/12 04:07 AM Newbie
Kai86 Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi everyone, my name is Kai and I am a survivor of abuse.

I am 25 years old and I an a website designer. I am hoping to find others like me who have been abused and have managed to survive and create a better lives for themselves. I am currently seeing a psychologist who suggested that I seek out others like myself and form constructive friendships, she recommended this page to me.

I'm still not sure of the protocols, but any new friend is welcome to chat with me.

many smiles,
Kai.

#405006 - 07/27/12 12:46 PM Re: Newbie [Re: Kai86]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Welcome to Malesurvivor, Kai. I hope you make many friends here.

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#405013 - 07/27/12 03:02 PM Re: Newbie [Re: Kai86]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Welcome to Male survivor Kai!
It is great that you came here. It seems that we have couple of great survivors from SA here already smile
Here is link to Martin's blog, who is working very hard for survivors in South Africa:
http://matrixmensa.blogspot.com/
Be aware that we have offered here moderated chat sessions called Healin circles - those are kind of group work. Please consider sometimes to check it and see if it suites you.
Just take your time and try to connect to survivors, it should be easy, we all have so much in common smile
Please share further as much as possible!
Pero

#405018 - 07/27/12 03:39 PM Re: Newbie [Re: Kai86]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Welcome--it is a great place to heal and seek support. Move at your own pace--feel safe and comfortable.

You will find it is a very rewarding place to be.

Kevin

#405037 - 07/27/12 06:57 PM Re: Newbie [Re: Kai86]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi Kai,

Welcome to MS.

I am glad you have found this place of healing and support.

Take your time and look around. You do not want to trigger yourself by reading too many posts at one time.

At your own pace, read the boards and wander into chat. The lounge (chat) is open 24 hours a day though it isn't always populated.

We also have moderated chats called Healing Circles. They meet on Sunday and Wednesday evenings at 9pm eastern time and one on Tuesday at 19:00 UTC (European and African time zone) which translates to 2 PM Eastern US time zone. The Healing Circle on Tuesdays is scheduled to resume in September.

Again, welcome to MS.

Anomalous

#405045 - 07/27/12 10:08 PM Re: Newbie [Re: Kai86]
pbert53 Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington, USA
Welcome to MS.org Kai!

i spoke with you the other night, that you joined, in the chat room. i am glad that you were able to find us here. We are a caring and understanding group that tries to be supportive and helpful to each other, for the most part.

Those that posted before my post, are good men and would be good friends to you. i am available to PM (private message) either through my profile page, or PM in chat. i check back daily and would be glad to listen.

i found this site to be a safe and supportive place to get some peace of mind and also help with my CSA (childhood sexual abuse) i hope you will find this site a good place to be as well.

take care man

peace

paul

~ adapted from: Sri Ram

#405048 - 07/27/12 10:25 PM Re: Newbie [Re: Kai86]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
Welcome... Sorry we are here for the same reasons but we are atleast survivors. We are winners. We are stronger people because of our past. The future is ours to make with it what we will. I don't post alot. But I always check in weekly and read post.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.