Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kinghenri (26)
Who's Online
1 registered (rolex), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64031 Topics
446842 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#404952 - 07/26/12 10:15 PM What comes next?
Esposa Offline
F&F Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Boundaries, check.
Limits, check.
Feeling good about this, check.

Husband's resentment building. Check.

I can feel it. It's building. He's annoyed that I won't be manipulated. That I won't do it for him. That I won't give more than I want to. Oh baby, I can feel it coming. Little moments when it slips out.

How do marriages work through this?

I am not going to give in. I am not asking for anything extreme. I am asking for honesty and respect and accountability.

But I have to protect myself because he will blow, it is just a matter of time. Any advice from those who felt resentment when their supporters first started standing up for themselves?

#404963 - 07/27/12 01:08 AM Re: What comes next? [Re: Esposa]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
There is a movie out there about male survivors and well somehow your husband needs to realize that he is not the only one suffering out there. HE is NOT ALONE.

So next step is, Don't give up, Don't stop what you are doing. Never give up your gains. I am really heartened by reading that you are doing so well.

Its all up to him now and as long as you live and do what you are doing he will either have to adjust or leave, but often leaving is just to scary an option for him.
Give him as much material as you can about other survivors, brochures movies books websites and the likes.

Keep going Girl, never give up, but mostly remember your happiness.

Heal well
Martin

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.