Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
5 registered (lapchinj, GummyBear, watzupwitu, PhoenixRising, Obi), 39 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63648 Topics
444519 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#404489 - 07/23/12 02:35 PM Penn State's Official Response to NCAA Sanctions
tshodson Offline

Here is the official Penn State statement. This is what Paterno's family calls a "panicked response" by Penn State administrators...

www.wishtv.com/dpps/sports/football_ncaa..._medium=twitter

#404532 - 07/23/12 08:06 PM Re: Penn State's Official Response to NCAA Sanctions [Re: tshodson]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
>> Emmert said there were concerns about the collateral damage of shutting down Penn State football for a year, and that's why the death penalty was ruled out.

"It hurts people who had absolutely nothing to do with this process, which is always the case," he said.<<

You'll read the article in vain, if you look for any statement about the "collateral damage" to the "hurt people" victimized by serial rapist Sandusky.

John

#404567 - 07/24/12 12:19 AM * [Re: tshodson]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/28/13 06:14 PM)

#404587 - 07/24/12 08:18 AM Re: Penn State's Official Response to NCAA Sanctions [Re: tshodson]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

One of the hardest things to do for people is to break their loyalty to broken family systems.

Their dedication to their father is to be expected, but to fight to vehemently in the face of incontrovertible information, just belies the power and control their father had over his own family.

That's all just my opinion of course...... no.. no sarcasm there at all..... oh wait..... ;-)

#404594 - 07/24/12 09:23 AM Re: Penn State's Official Response to NCAA Sanctions [Re: tshodson]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have some sympathy for the Paterno family, even as they act like jackasses with each statement dispatched to the press.

It can't be easy for them to see their father-king dethroned overnight as they are left going through the stages of grief in public.

I'm looking forward to when they get to the bargaining stage:

"PRESS RELEASE -- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

"Jay Paterno will agree that his father was a heartless bastard who willingly allowed Sandusky to hunt for boys inside Penn State football facilities if the NCAA gives Penn State back 10 football scholarships per year."

No sarcasm there either... oh wait.

#404600 - 07/24/12 10:09 AM Re: Penn State's Official Response to NCAA Sanctions [Re: tshodson]
ren42 Offline

Having followed this story, and if you own a television or get a newspaper or have internet how could you not follow? We see an institution (the NCAA) trying to put numbers and punch to something so devastating in the lives of young men and women that even reviewing the case perhaps someone has been touched, inspired to do more or perhaps do something different next time there is an opportunity to protect a child.

Some will debate and say its not fair, we hear the words from the family like panic, we hear words from other athletic departments and parents saying my kid is being punished for others.

To all of those out there I would say welcome to the world of a Survivor- panic for us may come in different forms, nightmares, attacks over a trigger etc. To those say unfair - again welcome to the world of being a survivor - because there is always an innocent that its unfair toward when this happens.

I am glad that football did not get the death penalty, I am glad that 60 million dollars will be going toward child abuse prevention. I am glad that the athletic department has to start picking up the pieces somehow and live with a devastating blow, and as this program mourns the 111 wins that were virtually wiped out from 98 to 2011 you need to remember that it is not whether you win or lose - it is about protecting children because when it comes to that there is no game to be played.

#404601 - 07/24/12 10:23 AM Re: Penn State's Official Response to NCAA Sanctions [Re: ren42]
tshodson Offline

Well stated ren42...Well said...

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.