Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
3 registered (CafeMan, 2 invisible), 72 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438128 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#40443 - 05/28/01 01:54 AM Re: Throw out the Statute of limitations for sexual offenses committed against children!
Brian B14 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Mark C,

A list of all the states and their Statue of Limitaions can be found at the National Clearinghouse on Child Abuse and Neglect Information website http://www.calib.com/nccanch/
Go to State Statues, then go to #27 "Special Statue of Limitations for Offenses Against Children".

Brian

#40444 - 05/30/01 01:22 AM Re: Throw out the Statute of limitations for sexual offenses committed against children!
Harry Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
anyone know what the statute of limitations is in California? is it 3 years? just wondering. i'm about to start therapy but dont want to get my abuser in any trouble. its my sister, and i love her. she did a bad thing, but it was a long time ago, and even though it's fucked me up royally, she's a good person and i dont want anything to happen.

#40445 - 05/30/01 10:17 AM Re: Throw out the Statute of limitations for sexual offenses committed against children!
SoCalJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Harry,

I am not sure what it is currently, when i reported my abuse they told me it was up until the kid is 18 or 1 year from the date of discovery (remembering).

I hope that helps some.

John

I asked him about this law he spoke of, he said,,, *watch* he then asked the others to share about their lives,,, the others talked of how things were for them, how things worked in their lives,,, and as they believed, it was so.

#40446 - 05/30/01 10:47 AM Re: Throw out the Statute of limitations for sexual offenses committed against children!
Brian B14 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Harry,

Nothing will happen to your sister (criminal or civil charges) unless you want it to. The DA's office will not know about what happened to you, and even if they do, they will not be able to prosecute her unless you request it and cooperate with them.

Brian

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.