Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobbyJay (53), john50049 (57), Samii (34)
Who's Online
6 registered (Jay1159, manipulated, GummyBear, Greg56, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64015 Topics
446764 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#404079 - 07/19/12 02:12 PM Getting Angrier and Angrier
tshodson Offline

I am getting angrier and angrier about the aftermath of the Penn State, Joe Paterno, and Jerry Sandusky matter. Ever since the release of the Freeh Report, the Paterno family has attempted to discredit it and sports apologists have stretched fantasy to its limits in trying to sanitize Joe Paterno's actions. I am losing my patience with sports fans in general and Penn State football supporters, in particular. Quit being so myopic. The discussion should not be about the damned statue of Joe Paterno or the dignity of the PSU football program. Those pseudo-issues are distractions. The real issues are about the programmatic and institutional cover-ups and gross negligence of top ranking Penn State officials and the head coach for PR purposes. It is a simple fact. They put public relations above the safety of children and even above human dignity. The so-called sanctity of their cash-cow (football)and the pleasure of its cult-like followers took top priority. It was WRONG and that kind of thinking remains WRONG. Please don't get sidetracked...The statue question and the viability of a football program are just NOISE.

#404091 - 07/19/12 05:59 PM Re: Getting Angrier and Angrier [Re: tshodson]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

I share your anger and find myself having trouble regulating my emotions when I hear/read idiots saying/writing stupid shit.

Will choking them and beating them change their minds? No. But that's what goes through my mind when I hear it.

One small quibble though, I think the statue is key. If it stays up, the deniers win. It has become an emblem, a symbol, for the gross institutional negligence that makes us so angry.

How can PSU claim to be on the right track with that statue still out there? It can't.

#404114 - 07/19/12 09:07 PM Re: Getting Angrier and Angrier [Re: tshodson]
scottyg Offline

Loc: Seattle
100% agree cant_remember.

If the apologists want to keep Paterno fine. Keep him just where he is but alter the bronze relief behind him. Gone is the bronze relief of four football players running out. Change the relief behind Paterno to a creepy old guy leading an innocent young boy into the Penn State showers. That would be a fitting tribute. JoePa's still #1. With his back turned to the atrocities happening right behind him, six feet away. That would be a fitting tribute to the legacy of Penn State Football
I'd give it to you if I could -but I've borrowed it.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.