Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
5 registered (ScottSmith, Jacob S, Obi, lapchinj, 1 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63191 Topics
441852 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#403957 - 07/18/12 09:44 AM Penn State
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: Associated Press
In a PBS interview Monday night, NCAA President Mark Emmert said he doesn’t want to “take anything off the table” if the NCAA determines penalties against Penn State are warranted.

Emmert said he’s “never seen anything as egregious as this in terms of just overall conduct and behavior inside a university.” He added, “What the appropriate penalties are, if there are determinations of violations, we’ll have to decide.”

The last time the NCAA shut down a football program with the so-called “death penalty” was in the 1980s, when SMU was forced to drop the sport because of extra benefits violations. After the NCAA suspended the SMU program for a year, the school decided not to play in 1988, either, as it tried to regroup.

My email to the NCAA President:

Mr Emmert,

As a survivor of sexual abuse largely enabled by a culture of "sport-star entitlement," I'm asking that you consider some written or verbal testimony of similar victim/survivors while evaluating the closure of Penn State football. I remain available to you for help with any such discovery.

His email address if you wish to say a few words to Mr Emmert: memmert@ncaa.org

Still's Globs

New Video

#403967 - 07/18/12 01:59 PM Re: Penn State [Re: Still]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Rob,

You're a brave man for speaking truth to power. While my case doesn't involve sports, I support you 100% in speaking out to the NCAA.

In other Penn State related news, according to Yahoo Sports columnist Dan Wetzel, via Twitter, "Per Centre County court filing, Graham Spanier has dropped suit v Penn State seeking all his emails concerning Sandusky"

What, exactly, does that mean?

#404043 - 07/19/12 01:38 AM Re: Penn State [Re: cant_remember]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: cant_remember

In other Penn State related news, according to Yahoo Sports columnist Dan Wetzel, via Twitter, "Per Centre County court filing, Graham Spanier has dropped suit v Penn State seeking all his emails concerning Sandusky"

What, exactly, does that mean?

It means the gun Danny Boy had pointed at PSU proved to be unloaded. He had an "Oh shit" moment.

Still's Globs

New Video

#404061 - 07/19/12 09:49 AM Re: Penn State [Re: Still]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Spanier dropped his suit to get the damning Emails because the Freeh report already sprayed them all over the news and Internet.

I tell ya, these PSU officials sound more and more like bishops with every news story.

John

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.