Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, 3 invisible), 37 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#403503 - 07/13/12 12:18 PM positivity
Robert1000 Offline

I'm asking you guys for a few friendly and positive words. I just acknowledged some terrible shit on another one of these strings of comments, and I'm a little overwhelmed. Will someone read my posts today and send me some friendship and encouragement? I'm getting off the computer for awhile. I need to step away, and I'm feeling really hurt and freaked out. And afraid.

#403541 - 07/13/12 07:28 PM Re: positivity [Re: Robert1000]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Robert -

good work with the honesty! we all need each other. we've got your back, man.

rest assured that there is almost nothing that you can say here that is motivated by honesty and a desire to heal and connect (as long as it is not abusive of others) that will get you condemned or shunned.

you are a wounded soldier - like the rest of us. we love and support you.

carry on. you are on the right road. don't stay away too long.

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#403543 - 07/13/12 07:39 PM Re: positivity [Re: traveler]
Tyler845 Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Hi Rob.

Know it's hard man. Steps taken sometimes feel like they're made with lead shoes. Be assured that every step taken is one you won't have to repeat- and every resulting step gets easier. Resolve built through strong actions strengthen you for further steps. Every one leading toward inevitable happiness and wholeness.

You Got This. Keep Going. Keep Feeling. Everything Gets better from a moment of honesty.

Best Wishes. I truly mean that. Take It Easy on yourself and don't expect to much to soon. You are human and having no more trouble with recovery as anyone of us have had or are having. You're not alone in your struggle.

Am Glad to have the opportunity to support a fellow survivor- Another beast that came out of the darkness to find his voice. We are all stronger than we sometimes feel. Am becoming aware of that myself more and more.

Take Care"

Jim

Edited by Tyler845 (07/13/12 07:41 PM)

Over-Ride Emotional Conflict With Rational Truths

You Are Freer Than You Think - Paul Berteaux

Come unto Me, all ye that Labor, and are Heavy-ladened. I will give you Rest -Jesus Christ

#403800 - 07/16/12 01:46 PM Re: positivity [Re: traveler]
Robert1000 Offline

Thank you, Lee.

I'm back. I'm here. I'm glad and grateful for your support. Thanks again.

#403801 - 07/16/12 01:48 PM Re: positivity [Re: Robert1000]
Robert1000 Offline

Jim,

I appreciate your words and support. I don't feel very strong right now, strangely tired. But that's part of the way I disassociate. I get sleepy!

Whatever. I'm exhausted. Thanks again.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.