Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
4 registered (ShortedDiode, 3 invisible), 27 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63784 Topics
445419 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#403781 - 07/16/12 10:42 AM Meet Up Group
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I was invited to a meet up group for survivors this evening. It is held more in social setting and I am not sure what to expect or if I should attend. I have only been to the more traditional structured support groups. It may be nice to balance the discussion with lighter topics but I am a bit apprehensive to attend. I like the thought of the meeting, it is probably more open area and higher visibility which does not bother me because I am over hiding. I am not sure what to expect. Has anyone every been to one of these types of meetings? Thanks

Kevin

#403826 - 07/16/12 07:00 PM Re: Meet Up Group [Re: KMCINVA]
chambers Offline

Loc: VA
I've never been to any meeting for survivors, there aren't any within a 2.5 hour drive from me. If it were me I'd be apprehensive, but the possibility of actually meeting others like me would make me go.

#403841 - 07/16/12 09:57 PM Re: Meet Up Group [Re: KMCINVA]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I went. It is a startup group that is looking for an evening vs the current meetup on Sat. mornings. once I got over my apprehension, it was relaxing than my regular traditional support group meetings. The topics were varied but a feeling for each's well being from the abuse. Now it is getting the meetings to be recurring. It is comforting to talk with people who truly understand and have no judgments.

If it gets off the ground I will go again. But I still have the two support groups I attend, talking helps.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.