Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
4 registered (myrlin, Bluedogone, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447692 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#403545 - 07/13/12 07:47 PM ISO Survivors Longmeadow and/or Bement 1960s-70s
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
I'm looking for MS who were abused by a "respected" Western Mass. school staff member who was also active with an Episcopal Church camp in the 60s-70s.

As this is a public forum and nothing is legally substantiated, I won't publish the perpetrator's name here.

However, it was my choice - obviously triggered by months of Sandusky coverage and the scathing Freeh Report - to bring it to the attention of the current school superintendent who's indicated the beginnings of an investigation, starting with another staff member who worked with the perpetrator. It was also indicated it would help to have corroborating stories. Somewhat similar response from the Episcopal Diocese.

UPDATED: As you'd expect, both institutions, though outwardly empathetic, are taking a defensive posture. Shoot me a PM, too, as I'm pursuing this through two other independent channels that would welcome any additional information you could provide to help their investigations.

In any case of this type, burden of proof rests with the claimant and this is why I need corroborating stories. At least I'm no longer doing this alone.

#404878 - 07/26/12 11:55 AM Re: ISO Survivors Longmeadow and/or Bement 1960s-70s [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
On the off chance another survivor of the same perp is on this board:

The Diocesan contact indicated there was another inquiry about the perp - though deceased - but the suvivor preferred to remain anonymous, which, obviously I understand. It seems there are now at least three of us. And my count shows 2-3 staff members who've indicated they were aware of his activities.

Would you please contact the Hampden County DA Special Victims Unit with the perp's name? Or you can contact Rebekah Paredes, M.S., of Baystate Health 413-794-7284 who coordinates with the Hampden DA and, as a victim's advocate, is well experienced respecting anonymity issues. Advise her of the perp's name or that you saw an inquiry here and she'll work from there.

If you're comfortable with it, please PM me, as well.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.