Newest Members
rwc3, brightheart, Hank2, Severe stammer, Jeff B.
12839 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
CFVB (47), cjmofwp (60), direstraitu (43), greg64 (51), Jonah (46), Kary (55), MittensxonxKit (24), proteus (40), Stargazer (43), steel (45), Tanis2105 (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (pittsburgh, manipulated, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12839 Members
75 Forums
66388 Topics
463889 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Topic Options
#403468 - 07/13/12 03:48 AM Ten years since "remembering"
learning2remember Offline

Loc: Europe
I don't remember the exact date, but it occured to me the other day that it was 10 summers ago that I had the flashback which started me to question so many things about my childhood.

10 years.

If I started writing about all of that, it would probably take another ten years.

What I think is worth saying is that it hasn't always been easy. There have been good and bad moments. Some of the early help I got made a HUGE difference, and then a friend has helped me tremendously in recent years, too.

I consider myself a much healthier person today, and say without reservation that the work put into recovery is worth it.

Maybe in a separate post I'll list some of the hardest moments and some of the best ones.
"This is not my shame, this is their shame." Mona Eltahawy

#403470 - 07/13/12 03:57 AM Re: Ten years since "remembering" [Re: learning2remember]
peroperic2009 Offline

Loc: South-East Europe
Congratulations on your anniversary and this great insight.
You gave us some answers about something that many of us occasionally wonder:

"I consider myself a much healthier person today, and say without reservation that the work put into recovery is worth it."

Thank you for sharing with us!!!

My story

#403474 - 07/13/12 04:33 AM Re: Ten years since "remembering" [Re: learning2remember]
whome Offline

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi L2R

Thanks for the beautiful post.
It is refreshing to hear from people that have gone through the recovery process.

Most often I think that the members here, join heal and leave, so all we are left with is people that are in the process of recovery, so I hope that a few thrivers (That ARE NOT MODS) hang around here for the ones that are hurting to see that life does improve, kinda like a hope for the hopeless.

Heal well
Matrix Men South Africa
Survivors Supporting Each other
Matrix Men Blog

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.