Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64166 Topics
447759 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#403468 - 07/13/12 03:48 AM Ten years since "remembering"
learning2remember Offline

Loc: Europe
I don't remember the exact date, but it occured to me the other day that it was 10 summers ago that I had the flashback which started me to question so many things about my childhood.

10 years.

If I started writing about all of that, it would probably take another ten years.

What I think is worth saying is that it hasn't always been easy. There have been good and bad moments. Some of the early help I got made a HUGE difference, and then a friend has helped me tremendously in recent years, too.

I consider myself a much healthier person today, and say without reservation that the work put into recovery is worth it.

Maybe in a separate post I'll list some of the hardest moments and some of the best ones.

#403470 - 07/13/12 03:57 AM Re: Ten years since "remembering" [Re: learning2remember]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Congratulations on your anniversary and this great insight.
You gave us some answers about something that many of us occasionally wonder:

"I consider myself a much healthier person today, and say without reservation that the work put into recovery is worth it."

Thank you for sharing with us!!!

Pero

#403474 - 07/13/12 04:33 AM Re: Ten years since "remembering" [Re: learning2remember]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi L2R

Thanks for the beautiful post.
It is refreshing to hear from people that have gone through the recovery process.

Most often I think that the members here, join heal and leave, so all we are left with is people that are in the process of recovery, so I hope that a few thrivers (That ARE NOT MODS) hang around here for the ones that are hurting to see that life does improve, kinda like a hope for the hopeless.

Heal well
Martin

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.