Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64190 Topics
447927 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#403704 - 07/15/12 04:57 PM Re: Freeh Report Demands Death Penalty for PSU [Re: phoenix321]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Today on Meet the Press, Bob Costas said something to the effect of, "If there is football being played at Penn State in September, there's a problem" -- meaning either the school should voluntarily shut down football for a season, or the NCAA should step in and do it.

So good to see and hear people advocate for us, but then there's that eff-ing statue! Makes me crazy thinking about one person who wants it to stay up, much less the thousands who will defend it until they tip over media vans.

#403705 - 07/15/12 05:04 PM Re: Freeh Report Demands Death Penalty for PSU [Re: phoenix321]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

great to hear--sadly the young athletes who may be totally innocent and supportive of the victims will be deprived of the opportunity to play and for maybe one or two their future in the pro's forever changed. The administration screwed up royally--but there has to be better sanctions-- community service for the administration, training and education and public advocacy of the need to be vigilant in identifying and reporting these heinous acts. Profits from the program should be diverted to support advocacy groups and therapy for victims of CSA--it should be branded on their banners- advocacy for CSA as well as on the jersey's. The world needs to be reminded there are so many victims of this crime and so many are in denial about it and its impact on the lives of the victims.

Edited by KMCINVA (07/15/12 05:10 PM)

#403738 - 07/15/12 10:26 PM Re: Freeh Report Demands Death Penalty for PSU [Re: phoenix321]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Profits from the football program should be diverted to therapy for victims of CSA --- AMEN!!!!

That would be a great outcome. "Scholarships" for CSA therapy. All comers! It's quite an expense.

Great idea!

#403771 - 07/16/12 08:53 AM Re: Freeh Report Demands Death Penalty for PSU [Re: phoenix321]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

It upsets me when people's defense of Penn State is, "Well don't punish the players. They didn't do anything wrong." -- Like the players should be anyone's top priority.

Tough shit, players. Go transfer to an SEC school and play some real football for a season or two.

#403819 - 07/16/12 05:58 PM Re: Freeh Report Demands Death Penalty for PSU [Re: phoenix321]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
It really bothers me when people say the players had nothing to do with it. If you scan enough interview of players, etc., you find that Sandusky always had a boy with him and many saw his demeanor around them as inappropriate. Victims have come forward now dating back to the 70s. I know we are all floored and shocked by that. Are you going to tell me that from 1977 (year 2nd Mile was formed) until 1998, noone saw or heard anything inappropriate? Do you believe that nobody saw anything else clear up until he was arrested in November 2011? At this point too, any recruit signing on to Penn State cannot say they were unaware of the scandal. They really aren't that stupid.
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#403889 - 07/17/12 10:36 AM Re: Freeh Report Demands Death Penalty for PSU [Re: phoenix321]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Joe Nocera, on the NY Times opinion page, says "Throw the book at Penn State."

It's a fairly milquetoast argument related to comparative policing of NCAA rules violations -- it's hardly the spanking that Gregg Doyel has been dishing out lately -- but his point is well made: throw the book at them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/17/opinion/a-just-penalty-for-penn-state.html

#403902 - 07/17/12 01:40 PM Re: Freeh Report Demands Death Penalty for PSU [Re: phoenix321]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mark Madden, radio host from Pittsburgh, he has our backs, too. Here's a link to his recent blog post: "Penn State: A 2012 Users Guide," which basically attempts to put Penn State fans in their place, but will likely matter little:
http://www.1059thex.com/pages/markmadden.html?article=10274980

It also should be noted that Madden is the first and so far only person to claim to have knowledge of a "rumor" that Sandusky was pimping boys out to wealthy donors:
(Trigger warning):
http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/jerry-sandus...ark-madden.html

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.