Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
era1 (31), GregoryP (50), GregoryParcell (50), junior (54), KDW78 (36), nansogre (48)
Who's Online
6 registered (Jay1946, aniceguy, bcl092, kcinohio, Obi, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447590 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#402964 - 07/09/12 01:49 AM does god hate me?
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
I think god does. God likes certain people but hates others. I've gotten to where I hate god and the goody-goodies you see on television. Osteen (honor money, buy my book, it'll all work out), Copeland (private airport), TBN (Stop raping kids, Paul Crouch!), Jimmy Swaggert (motel hookers, red notes in the bible), Benny Hinn (prosperity), Paula White (prosperity, Hinn's lover), Catholic Church (child rape is ok), etc., etc. Hate to admit it, but I do. It just seems like those I listed run some con-job to live high.

All this comes from my fire-breathing, hypocrite sperm donor. He was a pedantic sending me to hell while abusing me (mental and physical), giving money we needed to churches that didn't give a shit about me (they saw the abuse), boinking all kinds of women, etc. I admit I laughed my ass off when people found out what a full of shit person he was. Hahaha! He liked all those big shot tv preachers.

God and religion messed me up in so many ways. I had to toss it. It was hell believing. I admit I was a manwhore at times, but it wasn't my fault. I didn't get love as a child so I went looking. Even when I was good, I felt like a fraud, told I was a loser, etc., etc. Beat myself up over "sin" when I didn't do anything.

Truthfully, I don't think god gives a shit about me. None of god's people seemed to. All they wanted was money and "joining" their clubs.

So, does god just hate some people?

P.S. - Yeah, I know Jesus hung on a cross to forgive sins and all the bible stuff. I'm looking for more than that. The people god supposedly likes are usually the goody-goodies that got most handed to them on a silver plate. Well, gold, if you're a tv preacher.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#402971 - 07/09/12 03:25 AM Re: does god hate me? [Re: phoenix321]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
phoenix -

i share a lot of your thoughts about the celebrity religious figures you've named and described.

and i, too, feel like i was majorly screwed by churches and religion and cults during much of my life.

BUT...

Jesus gets a really bad reputation from many of the people who claim to speak for him and wear his name. i think he probably pukes about it on a regular basis. back in his day, he was not popular with the religious types = understatement since they are the ones who got him killed. and they accused him of being a glutton, a drunk and hanging out with thieves, criminals and prostitutes - and apparently they had at least that last part right. seems like those down-and-outers believed he really did love them.

i'm holding on to that aspect of God that i see in Jesus. and though i don't want to be included with the names you listed, i do consider myself one of "God's people" - so i hope i'm not seen as similar to the guys you mentioned and justly indicted.

in answer to your question, "does god just hate some people?" - i believe the answer is, "yes - and the ones he hates most are the religious hypocrites." and furthermore - i believe he loves those who have suffered the most - but from our point of view - he has a really weird way of showing it (or not showing it - as it appears to us.)

lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#402973 - 07/09/12 03:31 AM Re: does god hate me? [Re: phoenix321]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
God does not hate you and the bible warns of this very thing and many more than i listed here . I just wanted you to know that God does in fact love you that was settled over 2,000 years ago that is a settled matter . This is you believing the lie of the enemy if he can get you to doubt God loves you than he is winning . God loved you so much he died for you to settle this matter . It was settled on the cross .

He gives us everything we need to overcome not saying you have not tried i am just saying that you are being deceived and believing the lie. God does not have favorites. A lot of what we suffer is disobedience instead of just hearing the word of God we must apply it . How much application of the word of God is in your life ? There are a lot of tv preachers out for money and so on but that is not anything you have to deal with . You obviously can discern that that is not right and that is something God said would happen. People are following there own inching ears they only want what they want to control . Throwing out the True word of God and replacing it with a bunch of BULL @!$#C prosperity this and that this is not the Gospel this is heresy and they will pay for leading people astray.

I am not saying our abuse was caused by God either so do not think that for a second . I know that these things that have happen to us can be over come I am proof of this . God can take what was done and take it and make something you could have never seen possible . God can take the impossible and make it possible. You just have to keep at it . I have been were you are I can not sit here and act like all is peaches and freaking cream because it is not . Some days are bad but there are a whole lot more good days than bad days . There are more victories and less loses .

The pity party will only get you so far you have to change your way of thinking . You have to be able to focus on what God would have for you not what you think he does not want for you. If you do believe in God and his word than you have to get over self and start putting self aside and reside IN CHRIST in his word stand on his word stand on his promises and stop being deceived by the enemy . That is that is the other key if you believe in God than you must believe that there is an enemy who wants to destroy you he wants to make a lair of you. He wants to sift you as wheat . I will pray to the father that your faith will not fail .

FEED YOUR FAITH STARVE YOUR DOUBTS

In love brother I right this

2 Timothy 4:3

[color:#990000]For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,
[/color]

Quote:

Romans 16:17

I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them.

Quote:
1 John 4:1

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Quote:
2 Peter 2:1-3

But false prophets also arose among the people, j/color], who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.ust as there will be false teachers among you

Quote:
1 John 4:1-3

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.

Quote:

Matthew 7:15-20

“[color:#CC0000]Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits.

Quote:
1 Timothy 4:1-5

Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.

Quote:

1 Timothy 6:20-21

O Timothy, guard the deposit entrusted to you. Avoid the irreverent babble and contradictions of what is falsely called “knowledge,” for by professing it some have swerved from the faith. Grace be with you.

Quote:

2 John 1:7-11

For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist. Watch yourselves, so that you may not lose what we have worked for, but may win a full reward. Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

Quote:
Matthew 6:1-4

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Quote:
John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Quote:
Hebrews 10:11

And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.

Quote:
John 8:44

You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Acts 20:29

I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock;

1 Timothy 4:1-2

Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared

M
Quote:
ark 7:9-13

And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!

Quote:
James 3:1-18

Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. For we all stumble in many ways. And if anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle his whole body. If we put bits into the How great a forest is set ablaze by such a small fire! ...

you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#402986 - 07/09/12 08:37 AM Re: does god hate me? [Re: phoenix321]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

God doesn't hate you at all.

Sadly there are many wicked men pretending to be followers of a God their actions make clear they don't even believe in, and your list there is pretty darn good and accurate. I have no like or respect for any of them. False teachers one and all.

I know God loves me and I can say, I haven't had much of anything served up on a silver platter. It's tough going day by day.

I'm sorry you didn't get love as a child, I have my own issues in that department (abuse withstanding), and it really does mess a person up. How many people in our prisons have similar stories?

On any given day, you have the people who call themselves God's followers and then you have those that really are. Sadly it seems that those who really are, aren't seen much because they've busy showing God's love to people as they're supposed to and all those that have time to been seen and heard by the camera, well.... you've already seen those an seen them for who they really are.

I remember in college (went to a Bible College) we had an "Acts of Kindness day". At first I thought it was a great idea. All the students were supposed to go out into the community and help people. Literally help anyone with anything (legal stuff only of course), you know what I mean. Anyway... I thought it was a great idea until later that night with I found out that the college had then gone and called all the local TV stations and Papers, etc. told them all about it and where students were going to be.... so in the end it wasn't about kindness it was a huge publicity stunt..... the utter hypocrisy of the whole thing and pulling all the students into it makes me sick even today.

All that to say, that it can really be hard some times to know who really is one of God's people and who isn't.

I believe God loves you. Unconditionally. Issues and all. The same way He loves all of us.

But your questions was, "So, does god just hate some people?" and none of that really addresses that question.

To answer that question, there's only one person in all of scripture that indicates that God "hated" someone. That was Esau.

From the book of Malachi, Chapter 1:
Quote:
2 “I have loved you,” says the Lord.

“But you ask, ‘How have you loved us?’

“Was not Esau Jacob’s brother?” declares the Lord. “Yet I have loved Jacob, 3 but Esau I have hated, and I have turned his hill country into a wasteland and left his inheritance to the desert jackals. ”

Without studying the language (original, not English) I can't say 100% what all is going on there. That I'll have to study if you really want an answer to that.

Anyway, I don't think God hates you. We're living under grace, and in that Grace God extends His love and mercy to any who would have it.

#403004 - 07/09/12 10:58 AM Re: does god hate me? [Re: phoenix321]
Blessedcurse Offline

Well, if you read my own post you know I'm not the right person to answer this but I'll try anyway.

What I believe is that God loves all humans but not all humans are able to connect to that love from God in their hearts.

Having said that, I just can't believe that the love of God in anyway affects what happens in life. Sorry but I just don't believe that. I don't believe God loves you more the richer you are, the more friends you are or anything. I don't think good things in life are "blessings" because the consequense would be that the bad things would be curses.

In the OT there are lots of examples of God hating people, punishing people, demanding total obedience, punishing children for parents crimes and so on. I just don't believe that those are God's words. I believe that is written by people trying to understand their world, describe their history in a patriotic way and possibly trying to get in contact with God as they could understand him. That doesn't mean that the description IS god, just like my description isn't God, it's my description.

So no, I don't think God hates you and I don't think that's why bad things happen in your life. But I can easily see how you can come to that conclusion from listening to pastors in TV and reading the bible. I just don't believe they're right.

#403078 - 07/09/12 11:22 PM Re: does god hate me? [Re: Blessedcurse]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Originally Posted By: Blessedcurse

What I believe is that God loves all humans but not all humans are able to connect to that love from God in their hearts.

Even though that sounds like another riddle, it makes sense if you believe god loves anyone to begin with.

Say god does "love" everyone.

Well, since I have no clue what "love" is and have come to hate emotions entirely knowing only fear and anger, where does that leave me? Cut off entirely even if god does give a shit. Yeah, nice. They stole everything else so might as well steal that, too. Yeah, god is for the people with emotions. That's if I accept god gave a shit in the first place. Of course, it also relieves me of any burden, until I get and understand emotions, of giving a shit, too. Right?

Blessedcurse, bad things happened to me in life because of my asshole parents, those two child rapists and the other people who took advantage of me.

JustScot, I have utter contempt for Christianity and its hypocrisy. No offense to anyone. If they wish to believe in it, that's cool. I do think they create a Devil to justify bad conduct and that's all. Don't worry, I have contempt for the other religions, too. Hate spews from 99% of them especially from Muslim and Christianity.

I don't hate god, just organized religion. That's what I hate. In fact, I spit on it and hope it goes to the hell they claim exists. Organized religion kicked God out and replaced him (or her--I believe God is a she) with control called sin. Strange the bigshots in any particular religion are usually doing the sinning.

NLTSAVED, the bible was used as a weapon against me for a long time. Believe how you will but I just don't.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#403080 - 07/09/12 11:36 PM Re: does god hate me? [Re: phoenix321]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
I can respect that
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.