Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
6 registered (Suwanee, don64, gettingstronger, Cthulhu, sorryson, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63183 Topics
441806 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#366300 - 07/20/11 07:02 PM Re: NC/VA? [Re: phoenix29]
Shawushka Offline

Loc: VA
I'm also looking for recommendations of therapists in VA. Any info on therapists, maybe also support groups is very much appreciated. Preferably within a reasonable driving distance of Roanoke, VA.

#366308 - 07/20/11 10:13 PM Re: NC/VA? [Re: Shawushka]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
Hey, Shawushka.

I sent you a PM. Hope it helps.

Peace,

John

Edited by Fissy Tsickens (07/20/11 10:52 PM)
About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#366828 - 07/28/11 05:05 PM Re: NC/VA? [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
Lo Don Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sacramento
Jeff & Shawushka,

You need to register with the VA Hospital, Clinic, or The Vet Center by showing your DD214. You will be assigned a General Practictioner (MD) and when you see the Dr. ask for a referral to Mental Health. They are Sociologists (Masters or PhD's), & Psychiatrists. They do provide, group counseling, for PTSD, sexual disorder groups & they counsel one on one basis also.
If you have lost or misplaced your DD214 I can tell you of a website to get one quickly. I have it hear somewhere, just got to hunt for it. You must have an Honorable Discharge. They will mail it to you, or if you have a FAX you will get it sooner.
Hope this assists our Veterans out there!
Don

'Dirty 'lil Boy','cause I allowed him to bang on me anywhere, anytime."Bend over you Dirty Boy;we know you can take it!"

#366829 - 07/28/11 05:09 PM Re: NC/VA? [Re: Lo Don]
Lo Don Offline
MaleSurvivor

Did I misunderstand VA for Veteran's Administration not thinking of Virginia, Va?
Sorry Sawushka.
Don

'Dirty 'lil Boy','cause I allowed him to bang on me anywhere, anytime."Bend over you Dirty Boy;we know you can take it!"

#366833 - 07/28/11 06:39 PM Re: NC/VA? [Re: Lo Don]
Shawushka Offline

lol, LoDon. No wonder I didn't understand what you were talking about.
Have you posted that on the new Military Survivor part of the forum? It sounds like it could be helpfull to a lot of other members.

#367028 - 07/30/11 11:46 PM Re: NC/VA? [Re: Shawushka]
Lo Don Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ya, I did post it on the VA site. What a stupid shit that Don is! I feel like walking in the Ladies shower room with my balls hangin down, as all the woman are pointing and laughing at me! Now no one will ever take me seriously! Luckily I don't have anything inteligent to say.
That is why I survived the Military. When we proceeded forward, I was looking at my boots, and wound up going in the wrong direction! That's my survivor story.
Don

#367078 - 07/31/11 05:25 PM Re: NC/VA? [Re: Lo Don]
Shawushka Offline

Ah,Don, don't speak of yourself like that. You just gave me good giggle and you can bet I felt 10 times more stupid. I'm a newcomer, had no clue what VA also stands for and just thought 'wow, what an advanced system they have in Virginia.'.
I'm still laughing at myself.
VA, Veteran Affairs. You taught me something new.

#370986 - 09/25/11 12:04 AM Re: NC/VA? [Re: Shawushka]
phoenix29 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I went to an ASCA group today in Raleigh. I had been isolating a lot over the last couple of weeks and wasn't sure if I was going to go but I'm glad I did because it was helpful and I did connect with most of the people there. I started to tell my story but had a panic attack and had to stop. It is coed ( it was about a half and half ratio) but it was a very safe, comfortable, and supportive group. If anyone is interested here is the link www.ascasupport.org, it meets the second and fourth Saturday of each month.

#398036 - 05/22/12 08:55 AM Re: NC/VA? [Re: nevragan]
Snail_Shell Offline

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Hi, Andy,

I just completed the 2012 MS retreat. I live in Greensboro, NC and work in Winston-Salem. If you're interested in starting a group, let me know.

Tom

#402854 - 07/07/12 09:58 PM Re: NC/VA? [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
wcraigm Offline

Loc: Virginia
I am a survivor and live in Farmville, VA. I have attended the ASCA support group in Raleigh since March of this year. It is a 2.5 hour drive for me each way two Saturday's a month which will occur again July 14 and 28. My experience has been extremely positive with that group even though it is both male and female. I am actively trying to organize a support group for Male Survivors somewhere in Central Virginia. Have posted on craigslist's Community Groups both in Lynchburg and Charlottesville and received little response. I am confident a group can be organized. Thinking the Lynchburg area could be a reasonable central location for many who would be able to drive up to one hour to meet... whether it be a weekday evening or weekend day/evening. I live 1 hour east of Lynchburg and as a business owner am confident I can arrange a good meeting place. I have discussed forming a more localized group with the facilitator of the ASCA Raleigh group... however I am interested in the group be for Male Survivors only. I know it can be done. Anyone who would like to assist, be part of the group in this area of VA or offer any suggestions please contact me. I know it will take sometime to get the group going but am confident it will happen. Thanks, Craig

Edited by wcraigm (07/07/12 11:15 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.