Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
3 registered (Nathan LaChine, 2 invisible), 41 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63796 Topics
445499 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#402239 - 06/30/12 05:52 PM Gregg Doyel has our backs
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Gregg Doyel at CBS Sports has our backs.

Everyone wants to move on from the Sandusky story, and not just us because we get triggered by it. The normals want it over too; the taboo demands it.

But Gregg Doyel isn't one of those normals. He instinctively goes out of his way to defend us, to empathize with us, and pick fights on our behalf. Frankly, he's kind of awesome.

His new column starts:

"Joe Paterno's statue has to come down. That's clear today, now that CNN has released emails that bury Paterno and his Penn State cronies with their own dirty words."

Regarding the taboo, at the pivot point in his column, Doyel writes this:

"That CNN story is bad, people. It's so bad, I'm writing about this scandal again, for the third time in a week, and I didn't want to do it. I don't want to write it, you don't want to read it, most of us just want to do what those 10 victims and their families will never be able to do -- move on.

"But how can we move on? Did you see what Paterno and his cronies did? Did you see what some of them wrote?"

It's rare for a normal to get it; especially a jock sports journalist, of all people. But Gregg Doyel gets it, and he has our backs.

Full column here:
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...-face-reckoning

#402245 - 06/30/12 07:11 PM Re: Gregg Doyel has our backs [Re: cant_remember]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Great article. I just "followed" him on Twitter.

The CNN piece he linked to was good, too, for the reporting. Not a fan of CNN, but you gotta give credit where credit's due.

#402247 - 06/30/12 08:38 PM Re: Gregg Doyel has our backs [Re: cant_remember]
Disappointed Offline

Sent Gregg Doyel a tweet that y'all had mentioned him. He appreciated knowing y'all knew what he had written!

#402271 - 07/01/12 07:46 AM Re: Gregg Doyel has our backs [Re: cant_remember]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Like I said, he's a good guy.

#402386 - 07/02/12 03:19 PM Re: Gregg Doyel has our backs [Re: cant_remember]
Disappointed Offline

An article in PennLive.com quoting Doyel and discussing Paterno wasn't the saint they thought.

http://blog.pennlive.com/bobflounders/2012/07/penn_state_football_maybe_we_d.html

Edited by Disappointed (07/02/12 03:19 PM)

#402388 - 07/02/12 03:27 PM Re: Gregg Doyel has our backs [Re: cant_remember]
Disappointed Offline

Another good article in Pennlive.com about Paterno:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/david_jones_joe_paterno_fans_m.html

Evidently, even in Happy Valley, they can't deny what the emails are said to show: he knew and asked them not to report Sandusky.

#402415 - 07/02/12 09:20 PM Re: Gregg Doyel has our backs [Re: cant_remember]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I have said this from the beginning. It just doesn't make sense that Paterno just told his boss that someone had seen Sandusky engaged in horseplay and left it at that. Some slammed Emmert for injecting the NCAA into this. The more that comes out, the clearer it becomes that the NCAA cannot avoid being involved in this. It seems Emmert gets what the Catholic Church, Boy Scouts and Penn State don't: That you can't claim to be a moral organization and act like this doesn't exist.
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#402419 - 07/02/12 09:44 PM Re: Gregg Doyel has our backs [Re: cant_remember]
Disappointed Offline

Yes, and this whole disgusting concept of handling it "in-house" as the "humane" way to do it.

Shocking. Not one single thought about the little boys' suffering. Not one single thought.

#402627 - 07/05/12 02:10 PM Re: Gregg Doyel has our backs [Re: cant_remember]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Gregg Doyel remains on the case.

His latest column says that if the NCAA gets involved, then Penn State deserves the death penalty. (although he believes that the NCAA should not be involved, so it's a nuanced piece.)

"It's Liberty or Death for Penn State" link below:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...a-gets-involved

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Doyel gets it and is not afraid of the taboo.

-J.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.