Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 74 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62504 Topics
438065 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#402488 - 07/03/12 02:44 PM WOMEN by Charles Bukowski
scottyg Offline

Loc: Seattle
Published 1978 by Harper Collins, Women is written by the undisputed king of deviant weirdo authors himself. Although, one might sat if you've read one Bukowski... This book is a semi-autobiographical account of the author's alcoholic behavior, his over-sexed personality and his utter I Don't Give A God Damn About Anything mantra. There really is no plot, per se, but in the meantime, Chinaski, as he calls himslef backs into a modest success as an underground literary figure on college campuses. He goes from working in the mail room and drinking all night to abusing a the crowd at a reading and drinking all night. My anti-hero.
I'd give it to you if I could -but I've borrowed it.

#431708 - 04/18/13 11:11 PM Re: WOMEN by Charles Bukowski [Re: scottyg]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

I've been reading some Bukowski lately. According to his wikipedia article he was physically abused growing up. "The Recess Bells of School" is particularly poignant to me.

"As long as the child within is not allowed to become aware of what happened to him or her, a part of his or her emotional life will remain frozen . . . all appeals to love, solidarity, and compassion will be useless."
-- Alice Miller

#432993 - 04/30/13 06:37 AM Re: WOMEN by Charles Bukowski [Re: scottyg]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada

War
Love
Poetry

#433884 - 05/07/13 12:17 PM Re: WOMEN by Charles Bukowski [Re: scottyg]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.