Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
5 registered (traveler, 4 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63434 Topics
443436 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#40228 - 07/17/02 08:57 PM Another lost victim
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fellow men:

Today we received the terrible news about the finding of the body of the abducted 5 year old California girl. I hope and pray that her suffering was not great. May her soul know peace.

And, may we the survivors always remember that by the grace of a power beyond us we were fortunate enough to have survived our horrors. May we keep this fact in the front of our hearts and minds and use it to truly make the most of the rest of our lives. With humility and respect,

rafael

#40229 - 07/18/02 01:05 AM Re: Another lost victim
Spider-man Offline

Loc: NY
Not long after I remembered what happened to me, the thought crossed my mind that it could have been worse.

It doesn't help much. I want gratitude to have nothing to do with what happened to me.

#40230 - 07/18/02 11:56 AM Re: Another lost victim
michaelb Offline

Loc: cincinnati, ohio
In many ways I envy her...I think living with the things many of us live with are more horrible than death....I guess I've always wished my uncle would have just killed me instead....michaelb \:\(

#40231 - 07/18/02 02:16 PM Re: Another lost victim
jackjohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Fallston, MD
I can't stand to hear of any child being hurt much less murdered. I know what you mean about thinking death would be better. There have been many a time I have thought to sleep forever would solve everything. But I kept thinking what it would do to my family. So I trudge on.

#40232 - 07/18/02 02:28 PM Re: Another lost victim
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
There have been many a time I have thought to sleep forever would solve everything. But I kept thinking what it would do to my family. So I trudge on.
JackJohn those words say rang with me. Isn't sad that only others can sometimes give us a reason to live. That the value of our own lives is not sufficient.

Ken

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

#40234 - 07/18/02 06:09 PM Re: Another lost victim
Spider-man Offline

Loc: NY
Amen WillP.

But first you have to learn to fox your own demons before going after the real world ones.
Losing control in the presence of one of these parasites could be a very bad thing for the survivor not ready to handle it.

#40235 - 07/18/02 07:34 PM Re: Another lost victim
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
we all have something to get over, some worse than others. and that is only a perception.

are pain is are pain it can't be compared.

it is real ! It is ours. It is sad she was killed and devistating to her family.

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#40236 - 07/18/02 08:15 PM Re: Another lost victim
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
A life lost at a young age is a tragedy, any time before your time is up is too short.
I nearly lost my brother to suicide, thankfully alert friends found him and he's ok now, but I did lose a dear childhood friend who's history is the same as ours to suicide, and I know what pain it leaves behind. I'm fighting back the tears to write this.

The deviants that rape and kill are without doubt the lowest scum imaginable, and should be hounded to the bitter end.
I don't agree one bit that this poor girl is better off dead, there is a life after abuse and rape, not a perfect life I know, but a good satisfying life is possible and she should have had the chance we have.

The chance of recovery IS THERE, and we should be take the anger we feel at this poor childs death and turn it into strength through revenge.
Revenge is being strong and proving these abusers wrong.

WE CAN DO IT !!!

Lloydy

#40237 - 07/19/02 12:06 PM Re: Another lost victim
michaelb Offline

Loc: cincinnati, ohio
How can you say death is not the answer...Do you really think you will suffer more in death than you have enduring what you've endured????....I had a baby brother die when i was young and i guess i've envied him all my life...At least this poor child does not have to endure the damage done to her...The more i try to "recover", the more i believe recovery is impossible for me and i have to question whether it is really possible for anybody....Maybe if her parents loved her and sought her real help, maybe.....unfortunately, i did not or do not have that love......i guess because i am unworthy......michaelb

#40239 - 07/20/02 05:55 PM Re: Another lost victim
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bravo WillP and Lloydy!

I admire greatly each of your words and feelings. I agree so much. In WillP's words..."We were certainly not able to control what happened to us as boys, but we can definitely control how we let it affect us now." This is the kind of thought, feeling, frame of mind, attitude, etc. I try to hold onto in every moment. To take responsibility for my feelings, my actions, my words, and my healing. This is the only way to create for myself the kind of life I have always deserved.

WillP, reading your quote lifted my spirit and brought a smile to both my face and my heart. Thank you so much for what you said. I am going through a tough time in my life and your words helped guide me back onto a healthier path. May we all reach the place where we commit to creating and living the kind of lives all survivors deserve! Sincerely,

rafael \:\)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.